Doom Wars: UAC vs. Hell

Doom Wars is a RTS set in Doom universe that pits the Marines of the UAC against the Invaders from Hell.
DinkyDyeAussie

Re: Doom Wars: UAC vs. Hell

Post by DinkyDyeAussie »

Sounds good man. I remember ages ago seeing this mod, but I never thought I would again. I did download the latest version (1.2) to have a look - even just listening to the music takes me back :) So many hours wasted playing Doom! But man, it was worth it haha. I love how so many mods are being made using this engine, it's so much fun.
Kyran

Post by Kyran »

How are you progressing, Cyber?
04:27 jim4 why haven't you added wc1 support? this project sucks. i'm only going to use freecraft
05:06 jim4 finished wc1 support yet? i've been waiting for 6 years
05:10 jim4 new things scare me
DinkyDyeAussie

Post by DinkyDyeAussie »

Maybe he's working on it reeeeally hard??? I hope so cos I really like the look of this mod.

DooM rocks and DooM WarS rocks too!!! :twisted:
DinkyDyeAussie

Post by DinkyDyeAussie »

Hey Cyber! How's this game going? I played it for the first time tonight - 1st April...Man it's fun! Have you gotten the infopanel popup feature implanted yet? I'm still really wanting this feature back in stratagus :)

Keep us informed as to how you're going mate :)
cybermind

Post by cybermind »

Well, folks, I'm back, with new material i'm eager to show you :)
I'm glad to say that new version of Doom Wars is near at hand and it will be released soon.

So, this is almost all that you will encounter in next version:
* General:
- Support for last version of Stratagus (bye-bye bugs)
- The multiplayer works again!

* Interface
- You can see the map preview image in skirmish setup.
- New popup system for buttons.
- A pack of buttons at left edge of screen will help you to access easily to engine features (viewports, last event, etc)

* Gameplay
- The buildings are completely redesigned.
- More tilesets - you can take a battle on Earth or Hell now.
- New resource system - minerals and energy. The minerals are collected by workers whereas energy is produced by power generators.
- UAC is now capable to research anomalies of Hell - when you investigate dead monsters and their buildings, you are able to research a special ultimate upgrades - for example, a Doomer can take a powerful Unmaker weapon to wipe out any demons.
- Hell is now able to make zombies from marine's corpses. So, you can make a BFG zombie from a BFG marine's corpse!
- A lot of new units and buildings, whereas some old are removed. Yeah, UAC now has a new vehicle park ;) .
- Many aspects of game now behave like original Doom - arch-viles now can resurrect dead demons and some monsters now have melee cobmat attacks (imps, knights, barons, revenants)
- Veterancy system: when units are fighting, they are getting stronger and archiving new abilities.

*Other
- Game uses particle systems for effects instead of static sprites.
- Greatly improved AI: there are 5 difficulty settings for AI now, named like skills from original Doom

Screenshots:
Hell plains
A typical battle
The UAC marines are doomed
Arch-viles in action
The Stronghold of UAC
Zombies altogether

The game is almost complete: gameplay part is ready, now I'm need to make improvements in interface and end the alpha-testing.
We need also to make unit voices for some units, so if anyone wants to help, let me know :)
Any other help, feedback, comments are greatly appreciated.
DinkyDyeAussie

Post by DinkyDyeAussie »

New interface and buildings looks sick as! :D :D :D Can't wait to play it man!!!

**EDIT**

By the way man, what interface changes do you need done? I could help you with that...
Kyran

Post by Kyran »

This looks awesome!
04:27 jim4 why haven't you added wc1 support? this project sucks. i'm only going to use freecraft
05:06 jim4 finished wc1 support yet? i've been waiting for 6 years
05:10 jim4 new things scare me
DinkyDyeAussie

Post by DinkyDyeAussie »

oooo configurable A.I!!! We gotta get this put into all the other Stratagus games!
Big Daddy

Post by Big Daddy »

Any updates on this?
cybermind

Post by cybermind »

I'm going to make an update this month (if everything will go OK, of course :) )