Wargus AI editing

Wargus is a Warcraft 2 mod that allows you to play Warcraft 2 with the Stratagus engine.
Erenussocrates

Wargus AI editing

Post by Erenussocrates »

Hello guys. As an old warcraft 2 player I've just recently got into playing and modding wargus files, and I had been having a blast. I replaced wargus songs and unit sounds with the original ones. I've modified tides of darkness heroes' stats. I've given tides of darkness heroes unique sound files. I've edited campaign maps, and I've added new triggers to the campaign missions. I've been having a blast and I cannot be thankful enough for the creators of this engine and this wargus project.

One thing that bugs me is, I also want to learn about AI editing/creating my own AI for a map/campaign mission. I've lookt at the "levelXX_c.sms" files (which also hold the victory and defeat conditions for the map), and I've experimented on the AI schedules and loops on there. But my tests so far have been fruitless. I really want to learn how to create and edit an AI in wargus. Could someone help me on that, is there any viable guide or anything? PS: I'm currently using Wargus 2.4, which is the one featured in github.com wargus download page. If there is a more current version, I would be happy for that too.
Yukiko

Re: Wargus AI editing

Post by Yukiko »

This tutorial has some basic information: viewtopic.php?t=2861

Here is a simple Ai that can help you understand the basics: http://stratagus.com/forums/sampleai.zip