Wyrmsun 1.9.4

Wyrmsun is an RTS / Grand Strategy game which features elements of mythology, history and fiction.
Andrettin

Wyrmsun 1.9.4

Post by Andrettin »

Wyrmsun 1.9.4 has been released!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- 1.9.4 Changelog
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

* Abilities
- Update to the Mace Mastery icon.

* AI
- Increased the reaction range of AI units.
- Improved AI response to attacks.

* Grand Strategy
- Grand strategy saves are now stored in the /wyr/save/grand_strategy/ folder, instead of directly in the /wyr/ one.

* Heroes
- Persistent heroes now carry over experience (previously only their level was saved). Please note that experience is saved as the percentage of experience in relation to the experience required for the next level-up.
- Fixed a crash when loading a game which happened if a persistent hero was selected when the game was saved.

* Items
- Equipment tooltips now show the change in stats, rather than the item's absolute bonuses to stats.

* Map Editor
- It is now possible to to set magic prefixes and suffixes to mines.
- Revamped the player properties editing menu.
- It is now possible to set a player's faction when editing player properties.

* Miscellaneous
- Fixed display issue with the results screen if a scenario had 8 players.
- Fixed Linux-specific bug with persistency which prevented heroes and grand strategy saves from being loaded properly (thanks to zenorogue for the help in debugging it).

* Units
- Dwarven Scouts now have +1 Sight (losing their previous +1 Speed bonus).
- Added Dwarven Pathfinder (experience upgrade of the Scout) (icon by Jinn).
MrFlibble

Re: Wyrmsun 1.9.4

Post by MrFlibble »

Andrettin wrote:- Fixed Linux-specific bug with persistency which prevented heroes and grand strategy saves from being loaded properly (thanks to zenorogue for the help in debugging it).
BTW, which version was the first "official" Linux release? I remember you mentioned a while ago that the game could theoretically compile for Linux but you had not tested that. I assume that since then Linux has become one of officially supported platforms.
Andrettin

Re: Wyrmsun 1.9.4

Post by Andrettin »

MrFlibble wrote: BTW, which version was the first "official" Linux release? I remember you mentioned a while ago that the game could theoretically compile for Linux but you had not tested that. I assume that since then Linux has become one of officially supported platforms.
Yup, that's right. Akien was very kind to compile Wyrmsun for Linux for Steam, he did that for many versions. Later on he taught me how to compile it myself, so now I compile the Linux Steam version on a virtual machine. Wyrmsun has been available for Linux on Steam since patch 1.1.7. Thanks to Imerion, it is now also available on PlayDeb.