Gorkan Software Hiring for Share of Game Profit

walle_ras

Re: Gorkan Software Hiring for Share of Game Profit

Post by walle_ras »

Oh no, you just need to compile the executable and that's it. All that's need then are the Lua scripts the executable loads (stratagus.lua and guichan.lua), and the executable can properly run.[/quote]

How do you do that?
snv

Post by snv »

walle_ras wrote:How do you do that?
If you ask such question, you are in no way qualified to do any game development.

Still, I would suggest compiling older Freecraft instead. It uses Lisp instead of LUA. And from my experience hacking Stratagus in 2007, it had a lot of errors with incompatible headers. And it was very annoying to maintain Lua bindings.

I've personally reimplemented Warcraft 2 completely from scratch using Lisp-like language: https://github.com/saniv/symcraft/tree/ ... creenshots
Then I partially did it second time, using other language, Symta (https://github.com/saniv/symcraft/tree/master/src).

Now I'm working on a more original project, which still uses Warcraft 2 palette for team colors ;-)
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-01-07 at 05.55.41 .png
Screen Shot 2016-01-07 at 05.55.41 .png (56.71 KiB) Viewed 20701 times
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

snv wrote: If you ask such question, you are in no way qualified to do any game development.
That's a bit too harsh, don't you think? Everybody has to start somewhere.
Yukiko

Post by Yukiko »

1452050131956.png
1452050131956.png (188.61 KiB) Viewed 20690 times
snv wrote:If you ask such question, you are in no way qualified to do any game development.
That's our snv!
walle_ras

Post by walle_ras »

Andrettin wrote:
snv wrote: If you ask such question, you are in no way qualified to do any game development.
Thank you! I am used to working on a Linux/C64 so I have no idea how to compile on Windows.
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

walle_ras wrote:Thank you! I am used to working on a Linux/C64 so I have no idea how to compile on Windows.
Actually, if you don't intend to change the engine itself, you don't even need to compile it, you can just download the nightly builds provided in the repository:
https://github.com/Wargus/stratagus/blo ... /README.md

That should make it easier. In any case, I compile Stratagus with MSVC 2010, after having built the project with CMake.
snv

Post by snv »

Andrettin wrote:
Well, C/C++ toolchain is not the simplest piece of software, so it is better to put it straight and start from googling how does one compile a C/C++ program. For Windows one compiles using mingw32. Otherwise the process is the same.
walle_ras

Post by walle_ras »

Andrettin wrote:
walle_ras wrote:Thank you! I am used to working on a Linux/C64 so I have no idea how to compile on Windows.
Actually, if you don't intend to change the engine itself, you don't even need to compile it, you can just download the nightly builds provided in the repository:
https://github.com/Wargus/stratagus/blo ... /README.md

That should make it easier. In any case, I compile Stratagus with MSVC 2010, after having built the project with CMake.
Thanks!