Gorkan Software Hiring for Share of Game Profit

walle_ras

Re: Gorkan Software Hiring for Share of Game Profit

Post by walle_ras »

Andrettin wrote:
walle_ras wrote: I do, but the problem is he had it on his computer, when he left so did my access to said assets, I do have some of them but my computer crashed and so I don't have the few I had, and he isn't giving them up.
That sucks =/ What he's doing is most likely illegal, but lawyers are expensive so maybe suing him wouldn't be worth it. Actually just a lawyer sending him a letter would probably suffice, but even that's expensive as well.
I don't have the money to hire another employee I certainly don't have the money to do that.
walle_ras

Post by walle_ras »

Wow, I didn't think this would turn into a pity party, The guy is a friend of mine, I am not going to scarifies a friendship for assets and buggy code. My entire point was that I wouldn't rip you off.
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

walle_ras wrote:My entire point was that I wouldn't rip you off.
I believe you. The problem is that there are only three active Stratagus developers at the moment: me, Kyran and Tim. I can help you with questions regarding the engine, but I simply don't have the time to be a part of your team; I already use up all my game development time for Wyrmsun. Kyran is already developing his own project, Timeless Tales. And Tim I think is only interested in War1gus and Wargus.
Yukiko

Post by Yukiko »

I'm curious how you intend to go about getting art. The original projects Andrettin mentioned have to commission them.
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

Yukiko wrote:I'm curious how you intend to go about getting art. The original projects Andrettin mentioned have to commission them.
Yes, that's also an important issue.
walle_ras

Post by walle_ras »

Yukiko wrote:I'm curious how you intend to go about getting art. The original projects Andrettin mentioned have to commission them.
I have an employee that does some kinds of art and I thought that there would by artists here to, as all games look great. But, know I see that I was wrong. I will have to look about the art.
walle_ras

Post by walle_ras »

Andrettin wrote:
walle_ras wrote:My entire point was that I wouldn't rip you off.
I believe you. The problem is that there are only three active Stratagus developers at the moment: me, Kyran and Tim. I can help you with questions regarding the engine, but I simply don't have the time to be a part of your team; I already use up all my game development time for Wyrmsun. Kyran is already developing his own project, Timeless Tales. And Tim I think is only interested in War1gus and Wargus.
Well if they are the only developers... It looks like I will have to drop what I am learning know.

One thing you all need to start on immediately is a tool for Stratagus. What I am thinking is something like RPG maker. Where you input animations numbers, and make maps. Of course it wouldn't support complex cutscences. If you made that I would totally sign up for the beta.
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

walle_ras wrote:Well if they are the only developers... It looks like I will have to drop what I am learning know.

One thing you all need to start on immediately is a tool for Stratagus. What I am thinking is something like RPG maker. Where you input animations numbers, and make maps. Of course it wouldn't support complex cutscences. If you made that I would totally sign up for the beta.
There already is a map editor, though it needs the game scripts and graphics to be set up (rather than requiring only the Stratagus executable). It would indeed be great if it were possible to set triggers and the like through the map editor.
walle_ras

Post by walle_ras »

Andrettin wrote:
There already is a map editor, though it needs the game scripts and graphics to be set up (rather than requiring only the Stratagus executable). It would indeed be great if it were possible to set triggers and the like through the map editor.
It looks like I am even more confused, I cannot find an executable. I thought it was like the engine I made, just the source code and you would have to copy paste it into your own project.
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

walle_ras wrote: It looks like I am even more confused, I cannot find an executable. I thought it was like the engine I made, just the source code and you would have to copy paste it into your own project.
Oh no, you just need to compile the executable and that's it. All that's need then are the Lua scripts the executable loads (stratagus.lua and guichan.lua), and the executable can properly run.