Gorkan Software Hiring for Share of Game Profit

walle_ras

Re: Gorkan Software Hiring for Share of Game Profit

Post by walle_ras »

Andrettin wrote:The idea is interesting, but profit sharing is quite risky (as the project may never get finished and etc.).
It is quite risky, but Gorkan Software doesn't have the money to give wages, so this is the only way.
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

walle_ras wrote:It is quite risky, but Gorkan Software doesn't have the money to give wages, so this is the only way.
It can do better than wages, though! The programmer working on the project can get familiarized with Stratagus (with our help if needed, feel free to ask anything), and then contribute to the engine :)

For art there is some posted on these forums or made for Stratagus games, and you can find more art on OpenGameArt.org:
http://opengameart.org/
walle_ras

Post by walle_ras »

Andrettin wrote:
walle_ras wrote:It is quite risky, but Gorkan Software doesn't have the money to give wages, so this is the only way.
It can do better than wages, though! The programmer working on the project can get familiarized with Stratagus (with our help if needed, feel free to ask anything), and then contribute to the engine :)

For art there is some posted on these forums or made for Stratagus games, and you can find more art on OpenGameArt.org:
http://opengameart.org/

Thanks for the help! I appreciate it!
snv

Post by snv »

Andrettin wrote:The idea is interesting, but profit sharing is quite risky (as the project may never get finished and etc.).
Here in Russia a lot of projects does get finished, but organizer then defrauds the participants, who get nothing for their work. Dunno how it is in the West, but I strongly advice against working for free, even if the offer comes from your longstanding friend, especially if he doesn't contribute any code or art himself. Otherwise you'll feel like an angry idiot afterwards :x
walle_ras

Post by walle_ras »

snv wrote:
Here in Russia a lot of projects does get finished, but organizer then defrauds the participants, who get nothing for their work. Dunno how it is in the West, but I strongly advice against working for free, even if the offer comes from your longstanding friend, especially if he doesn't contribute any code or art himself. Otherwise you'll feel like an angry idiot afterwards :x
Here in the West my employee left with all his code and art after a spat over the game's engine.

As for if I defraud you I swear upon Gaben that I will not defraud.
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

walle_ras wrote: Here in the West my employee left with all his code and art after a spat over the game's engine.
I'm sad to hear =/ But since he was an employee, surely you have (at the very least) legal permission to use that code and art?
walle_ras

Post by walle_ras »

Andrettin wrote:
walle_ras wrote: Here in the West my employee left with all his code and art after a spat over the game's engine.
I'm sad to hear =/ But since he was an employee, surely you have (at the very least) legal permission to use that code and art?
I do, but the problem is he had it on his computer, when he left so did my access to said assets, I do have some of them but my computer crashed and so I don't have the few I had, and he isn't giving them up.
snv

Post by snv »

walle_ras wrote:
Andrettin wrote:
I do, but the problem is he had it on his computer, when he left so did my access to said assets, I do have some of them but my computer crashed and so I don't have the few I had, and he isn't giving them up.
Have you tried to convince him? If he was your employee he cant use that art himself legally, so for a small pay he will give it back.
Yukiko

Post by Yukiko »

walle_ras wrote:As for if I defraud you I swear upon Gaben that I will not defraud.
Gaben promised Episode 3.
1451439858550.jpg
1451439858550.jpg (33.51 KiB) Viewed 10853 times
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

walle_ras wrote: I do, but the problem is he had it on his computer, when he left so did my access to said assets, I do have some of them but my computer crashed and so I don't have the few I had, and he isn't giving them up.
That sucks =/ What he's doing is most likely illegal, but lawyers are expensive so maybe suing him wouldn't be worth it. Actually just a lawyer sending him a letter would probably suffice, but even that's expensive as well.