Gorkan Software Hiring for Share of Game Profit

walle_ras

Gorkan Software Hiring for Share of Game Profit

Post by walle_ras »

Gorkan Software is a small scale game studio who is known for no games. They have shipped one game, which was a christmas special RPG game. The CEO got a great idea for a game and attempted to on his own time find a 2d rpg game engine. He found stratagus, however no employee knows how to use the software.

Oh heck, we are a broke company which eats up all of my spare time and I have no idea how to use stratagus or how to find out. I have no pixel artist and I am the only programmer. I am known for my old scratch presence where I made several games and several engines. I also created several textual games. So I can only program BASIC and C++.

So for a share of the game profit I want developers, ones that have free time and are willing to work hard.

So email me at [email protected] and I welcome working with you.

Thanks, Walle Ras
Yukiko

Re: Gorkan Software Hiring for Share of Game Profit

Post by Yukiko »

Sell your game to us.
walle_ras

Post by walle_ras »

Yukiko wrote:Sell your game to us.
Will do, the game is called Zombie RTS. Before you freak out about how zombies are over done there has not been a single zombie RTS, just FPSs and survival games.

The game would have two stories, one for the survivors and one for the zombies, the survivors story is them surviving against the zombie horde. It would feature 10 missions. The one for the zombies would start in the lab where patient zero was isolated. You must then fight your way out by infecting scientists and eventually infect a large amount of people through the course of another 10 missions.

Both factions would have different play styles. The humans would be similar to the Terrans from Starcraft. They have huts, a survivors camp, a barracks, and a resource storage facility. They would have four units plus unique campaign units. The units would be civilian, a useless NPC unit that has the human's colors and exists to balance zombies, Survivor, a melee warrior that also doubles as a worker, Raider, a ranged rifle man, and a veteran, a soldier with a higher ranged attack and speed. The zombies would also have four units, infected, when you kill an enemy unit they become this unit and you use them to create other zombies, walker, a basic melee unit, spitter, a ranged attacker, and a tank, a high health zombie.

I hope that helps with your decision. Till next time, Walle Ras
snv

Post by snv »

walle_ras wrote:
Before you freak out about how zombies are over done there has not been a single zombie RTS, just FPSs and survival games.
There was Plants vs Zombies, which is an RTS. Several RTS games have undead side.

Anyway, good luck with your project! The hardest part would be balancing slow moving zombies with other faction(s) units you got.
walle_ras

Post by walle_ras »

snv wrote:
walle_ras wrote:
Before you freak out about how zombies are over done there has not been a single zombie RTS, just FPSs and survival games.
There was Plants vs Zombies, which is an RTS. Several RTS games have undead side.

Anyway, good luck with your project! The hardest part would be balancing slow moving zombies with other faction(s) units you got.
I personally don't consider Plant's VS Zombies as an RTS. Yes, you just reminded me of Warcraft which has not had an RTS release for years.

Thanks! I was actually more concerned about making zombies have a horde but not make them OP.

Walle Ras
snv

Post by snv »

walle_ras wrote:I personally don't consider Plant's VS Zombies as an RTS. Yes, you just reminded me of Warcraft which has not had an RTS release for years.
There are more similarities between Warcraft 2 and Plants vs Zombies than you think. Both games are realtime, have base building and resource collection sides; both games are played on a field made of discrete cells and have different terrain types; both games have water transport. And you can easily make plants vs zombies clone using Stratagus engine.

In a nutshell Plants vs Zombies is a minimalistic RTS. Similarly, another indie game, Kingdom, reduced the control aspect of the genre - Kingdom used just 3 buttons to expose all RTS features.
Yukiko

Post by Yukiko »

snv wrote:And you can easily make plants vs zombies clone using Stratagus engine.
You're right. It would probably be a huge waste of time, but we could do it!
walle_ras

Post by walle_ras »

snv wrote:
walle_ras wrote:I personally don't consider Plant's VS Zombies as an RTS. Yes, you just reminded me of Warcraft which has not had an RTS release for years.
There are more similarities between Warcraft 2 and Plants vs Zombies than you think. Both games are realtime, have base building and resource collection sides; both games are played on a field made of discrete cells and have different terrain types; both games have water transport. And you can easily make plants vs zombies clone using Stratagus engine.

In a nutshell Plants vs Zombies is a minimalistic RTS. Similarly, another indie game, Kingdom, reduced the control aspect of the genre - Kingdom used just 3 buttons to expose all RTS features.
Yes, a tower defense. I do not want a Plant's VS Zombies clone, I want a game that is more like Age of Empires or Starcraft.
walle_ras

Post by walle_ras »

Yukiko wrote:
snv wrote:And you can easily make plants vs zombies clone using Stratagus engine.
You're right. It would probably be a huge waste of time, but we could do it!
I definetley agree about the waste of time, which is why this will not be that.
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

The idea is interesting, but profit sharing is quite risky (as the project may never get finished and etc.).