Wyrmsun 1.9.0

Wyrmsun is an RTS / Grand Strategy game which features elements of mythology, history and fiction.
Andrettin

Wyrmsun 1.9.0

Post by Andrettin »

Wyrmsun 1.9.0 has now been released, bringing ships and docks to the game, as well as three new learnable abilities (Mace Mastery, Spear Mastery and Stun)!

Teuton Kogge

Dwarven Transport Ship

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- 1.9.0 Changelog
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

* Abilities
- Added Mace Mastery passive ability (learnable by Dwarven Stonelords) (icon by Vladislav "iDreamRunner" and Jinn).
- Added Spear Mastery passive ability (learnable by Goblin Spearmen) (icon by Vladislav "iDreamRunner" and Jinn).
- Added Stun active ability (learnable by Dwarven Stonelords and Yale Riders, Germanic Eralas, Teuton Kriegers and Ritters, and Gnomish Recruits) (icon by Vladislav "iDreamRunner").

* AI
- Updated the AI to make use of ships.

* Buildings
- The Dwarven and Teuton Dock buildings are now buildable in RTS mode.
- Dwarven buildings now have 20% fire resistance, to represent their heavier use of stone and lesser use of wood in construction (making their structures less flamable).

* Items
- Added "of Slaughter" magic suffix for weapons (+3 damage).
- The unique broad sword Laevatein now has +7 damage as its effect.
- Items are no longer destroyed by splash damage when laying on the ground.

* Map Editor
- Fixed an issue which caused no cursor to appear if editing a map in which the first player belong to certain NPC civilizations.

* Miscellaneous
- Fixed issue which caused part of the game screen to be black after playing the Tomb of Durahn Eikinskjaldi quest.
- Added drop-down graphics for the Dwarves and Germanics (by Jinn).
- New spear icon (by Vladislav "iDreamRunner").
- Toned down the scrolling speed when CTRL is held.
- Added option to have position-based hotkeys (i.e. the first command button has the "Q" hotkey, the second "W", and so forth).

* Quests
- The Battle of Magetobria quest (Teuton) now gives 3 technology points instead of 2.
- The Razing of Opitergium quest (Teuton) now gives 3 technology points instead of 2.
- The A Rocky Home quest (Dwarf) now gives 2 technology points instead of 1.
- The Treasures of Svarinshaug quest (Dwarf) now gives 2 technology points instead of 1.

* Units
- Added the Transport ship for the Dwarves (graphics by Jinn).
- Added the Kogge (transport ship) for the Teutons (graphics by Jinn).
- Added a new popup tip saying that units can earn experience (triggered when an organic unit is first clicked).
- Added a new popup tip describing persistent heroes (triggered when a persistent hero is first clicked).
- Improved the Food popup tip.
- Added a new popup tip for potions of healing.
snv

Re: Wyrmsun 1.9.0

Post by snv »

Ship is well sprited, but a little boring. Why not Drakkar?
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

snv wrote:Ship is well sprited, but a little boring. Why not Drakkar?
To be honest, I rather like both ships. But you mean the Drakkar for which civilization?
snv

Post by snv »

Andrettin wrote:
snv wrote:Ship is well sprited, but a little boring. Why not Drakkar?
To be honest, I rather like both ships. But you mean the Drakkar for which civilization?
Dwarves obviously.
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

snv wrote: Dwarves obviously.
Hmm but I don't think the Drakkar looks very dwarvish. It is a sleek, rather unbulky, ship.
snv

Post by snv »

Andrettin wrote:
snv wrote: Dwarves obviously.
Hmm but I don't think the Drakkar looks very dwarvish. It is a sleek, rather unbulky, ship.
Depends how artist draws it.

MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

The ships are very cool, I love the detail :)
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

MrFlibble wrote:The ships are very cool, I love the detail :)
MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

I have finally played the new version a bit. Here's some feedback:

1. When a lot of quest objectives are displayed in the lower left corner as an overlay of the playing field, it really gets distracting. For example, in the second Dwarf quest the objectives eventually take up a substantial part of the screen, pretty much obscuring what's going on there*:
I have found no option to remove the quest text or change the way it is displayed.

2. In the very first Dwarf quest, I would much appreciate a counter that would display the number of yales killed.

3. In the first Earth quest, after encountering the first enemy unit and the scripted dialogue, the game slowed down briefly for some reason while my units were attacking the enemy. I was unable to repeat this though.

Additionally, the menu music often continues playing upon the start of a mission. This happens when a saved game is loaded, but sometimes also when a new quest game is started.

*I just noticed that the screenshot shows the same objectives displayed twice, for no real reason. Here's a bug, then.

[Edit] Gah, I just noticed I missed two more recent releases!
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

MrFlibble wrote:I have finally played the new version a bit. Here's some feedback:

1. When a lot of quest objectives are displayed in the lower left corner as an overlay of the playing field, it really gets distracting. For example, in the second Dwarf quest the objectives eventually take up a substantial part of the screen, pretty much obscuring what's going on there*:
I have found no option to remove the quest text or change the way it is displayed.

2. In the very first Dwarf quest, I would much appreciate a counter that would display the number of yales killed.

3. In the first Earth quest, after encountering the first enemy unit and the scripted dialogue, the game slowed down briefly for some reason while my units were attacking the enemy. I was unable to repeat this though.

Additionally, the menu music often continues playing upon the start of a mission. This happens when a saved game is loaded, but sometimes also when a new quest game is started.

*I just noticed that the screenshot shows the same objectives displayed twice, for no real reason. Here's a bug, then.

[Edit] Gah, I just noticed I missed two more recent releases!
Thanks for the feedback! For version 1.9.6 I've fixed the issue with the quest objectives being added again after loading a saved game of The Mead of Wisdom quest, and fixed the music issues.

I agree that it would be good to add a counter to display the number of yales killed, I just haven't thought of a way to do that yet.