Screen capture software

A place to discuss what doesn't belong anywhere else.

Moderator: Big Daddy

DinkyDyeAussie

Screen capture software

Post by DinkyDyeAussie »

Need good screen recording software. I want to start timing the A.I in the original Warcraft 2 and stack it up against the Wargus A.I. I played mission 3 of the human dark portal game, and the enemy creates way too many bloody ogre-magi about 10 minutes in (at most), after that I have to restart. Warcraft 2 on the other hand, is just so much easier game play wise, because they don't send 50 units at a time, only about 4 or 5 at the most...

I still think even with custom A.I for every campaign file being made, the A.I is still far too aggressive to make the game enjoyable without cheating or having to restart because all your units get pulped.

I know this isn't a speciic A.I thread, but I want to ask. How hard is it to program the A.I in the lua files to make it easier? I've got the latest wargus trunk which has new skill level options in the "campaign.lua" file, and I've tweaked the "1" skill setting so it multiplies the cycles by 10, instead of 3, but still, I am getting hammered. I presume the "1" skill is easier than the "5" skill? Unless my math is wrong...

Would inserting more "AiSleep()" pieces into the mission files work to slow thing down more?
cybermind

Re: Screen capture software

Post by cybermind »

Haven't you got the most recent AI scripts? I'm currently working on new AI scripts for Human Expansion campaign. But replacing with the new lua scripts isn't enough, you need either to build NSIS installer and reinstall your copy of Wargus, or build wartool and extract data manually.
DinkyDyeAussie

Post by DinkyDyeAussie »

I'm thinking a fresh reinstall is needed. Yeah I do have the latest A.I scripts, but maybe there's something in the files that I don't have and that I need with the new install files...I'll reinstall and test again.

Still feels like it's too agressive but I will get back to you about it.
DinkyDyeAussie

Post by DinkyDyeAussie »

I have no idea how to build the installer (NSIS) file. Are you able to build one for windows and put it up here for download man? I did manage to build wartool and manually extract the data, but now I am getting errors with the music because there's no "music/Main Menu" folder in my wargus install...

*EDIT*

I included the nsi file in CMAKE under the "MAKENSIS" flag. When I compiled in VC2012, it said it was generating the installer, and then windows just tried opening the NSI file.

Is there a certain way I am supposed to do this?

*EDIT 2*

OK so this afternoon. I downloaded the NSIS installer maker program, and I got through except it couldn't find CMAKE or something to do with cmake