Aloha

greentiger

Aloha

Post by greentiger »

I've been a long time follower of the Stratagus/FreeCraft project but this is my first attempt at posting and doing anything with it.
I'm OK at working with Lua but I have no idea where to start with using the engine. Are there *ANY* tutorials about how to start?
Stratagus seems pretty daunting with no information to guide someone!
Andrettin

Re: Aloha

Post by Andrettin »

greentiger wrote:I've been a long time follower of the Stratagus/FreeCraft project but this is my first attempt at posting and doing anything with it.
I'm OK at working with Lua but I have no idea where to start with using the engine. Are there *ANY* tutorials about how to start?
Stratagus seems pretty daunting with no information to guide someone!
Welcome to the forums! Unfortunately I don't recall there being any tutorials in particular, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

There is documentation of the Lua functions here:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~stratagus/ ... c/scripts/
Big Daddy

Re: Aloha

Post by Big Daddy »

Well, greentiger, the first to do would be to download Wargus, and use the WarTool to extract the data from War2.
I would then recommend grabbing the latest version of wargus/stratagus and overwriting the previously installed files.
Run it.
If there's any flim-flam going on, you'll see it in the stderr files in the main Wargus dir.
You might have to fiddle with the lua script files to get everything up to tops, but it shouldn't be an issue; the lua files are fairly easy to ready.
I know one thing I always had to rework was the music. It always default to generic dracula music, Bach I believe, instead of the copywritten Warcraft music.

Best of luck to thee

Big Daddy