Wyrmsun Thunder

Timesless Tales is a standalone expansion for Wyrmsun.
Kyran

Wyrmsun Thunder

Post by Kyran »

Wyrmsun Thunder is going to be a dedicated For the Motherland fork of Wyrmsun. The single player game will consist of a tournament, where you select one of eight characters to battle with.

Not much to show yet. I've only been deciding on the layout of the interface.
WyrmsunThunder4.png
WyrmsunThunder4.png (161.04 KiB) Viewed 14250 times
04:27 jim4 why haven't you added wc1 support? this project sucks. i'm only going to use freecraft
05:06 jim4 finished wc1 support yet? i've been waiting for 6 years
05:10 jim4 new things scare me
Andrettin

Re: Wyrmsun Thunder

Post by Andrettin »

Looks nice =) I think this UI works better than the other one for the bottom-alignment. The floating "0" is oil? If so, I would either remove it or (if you are using oil) put the oil icon there too (Wyrmsun has an unused oil icon).
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

I found what was causing the infopanel issue mentioned in the Stratagus Conference, and fixed it:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/173 ... _tales.lua

The problem was that the UI.InfoPanel.G wasn't defined in ui_tales.lua, causing the dwarf infopanel graphic to be used by default.
Kyran

Post by Kyran »

Slowly making progress. I've turned Wyrmsun Thunder into a self contained mod. I've also come up with a rather neat idea for a campaign.

I needed to modifiy ui.lua in the scripts directory.

Code: Select all

local info_panel_x
local info_panel_y

if (wyrmsun.Thunder == true) then
	info_panel_x = 0
	info_panel_y = Video.Height - 136 - 24 - 16
else
	info_panel_x = Video.Width - 176
	info_panel_y = 160
end
I've also updated wyr.lua with new functions from Wargus. I did notice that adding new civilizations wipes out the old ones.
Attachments
5In.png
5In.png (139.88 KiB) Viewed 13697 times
wyr.lua
(18.45 KiB) Downloaded 635 times
Last edited by Kyran on Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
04:27 jim4 why haven't you added wc1 support? this project sucks. i'm only going to use freecraft
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

Cool =)

I added your wyr.lua modifications, and I also made a new function for defining new civilizations without wiping out the old ones:
"DefineNewRaceNames"

It works exactly as "DefineRaceNames" does, except that it does not wipe out previous civilizations when used.
Kyran

Post by Kyran »

I've got a problem. On game.smp, whenever I mouse over a peasant the game crashes.
Attachments
WT1.zip
(650.65 KiB) Downloaded 616 times
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

I forgot to mention this - the "wood" resource is now "lumber" in Wyrmsun. So you would have to change every instance of "wood" to "lumber". Maybe this is what was causing the crash for you.

Also, you shouldn't need to have graphics in the main folder, putting them in the mod's folder should work just fine, using them like this:
CGraphic:New("mods/Aleona's Tales/graphics/ui/Menu_background_with_title.png")
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

I think I found the issue.

The AiUpgradeArmor1() function (and others) in Thunder's ai.lua file points to upgrades that don't exist.

By the way, you defined player 16 (the neutral player) as "nobody" in game.smp.
Kyran

Post by Kyran »

That would only be a problem if an upgrade was called. I believe the problem was to do with my unit definitions. Is it possible to make it so that all properties of the parent can be inherited? So for example I set unit-dwarven-steelclad as the parent and animations, image, variations, descriptions, etc are inherited?

I've attached an updated zip. My main problem now is on game4.smp, it crashes when I hover over the build structure buttons. However, if I were to load the map, exit, then reload, it'll work fine (except for the lumber mill, which doesn't show a popup). I'm thinking this has something to do with my UI, or how I've defined the civilizations or units.

If I were to replace unit-farm with unit-germanic-farm, it doesn't crash.
Attachments
WT2.zip
(4.35 MiB) Downloaded 614 times
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

Kyran wrote:That would only be a problem if an upgrade was called. I believe the problem was to do with my unit definitions. Is it possible to make it so that all properties of the parent can be inherited? So for example I set unit-dwarven-steelclad as the parent and animations, image, variations, descriptions, etc are inherited?
Most things are inherited, but not everything. Animations and descriptions are inherited. Images and variations were not, but I updated the game so that now they are inherited too.
I've attached an updated zip. My main problem now is on game4.smp, it crashes when I hover over the build structure buttons. However, if I were to load the map, exit, then reload, it'll work fine (except for the lumber mill, which doesn't show a popup). I'm thinking this has something to do with my UI, or how I've defined the civilizations or units.

If I were to replace unit-farm with unit-germanic-farm, it doesn't crash.
I found the source of the issue. In thunder.lua, you defined the buttons before the units, which caused the crashed. You should load the files in this order instead:

Load("mods/thunder/scripts/factions.lua")
Load("mods/thunder/scripts/icons.lua")
Load("mods/thunder/scripts/units.lua")
Load("mods/thunder/scripts/buttons.lua")
Load("mods/thunder/scripts/ui.lua")
Load("mods/thunder/scripts/freeman/ui_tales.lua")
Load("scripts/germanic/ui.lua")
Load("mods/thunder/scripts/guichan.lua")
Load("mods/thunder/scripts/ai.lua")
Also, some sword and etc. buttons seem to be checking for non-existent upgrades in buttons.lua.

To make the lumber mill show the popup, change this:

Key = "l", Hint = _("Build ~!Lumber Mill"),
...to this:

Key = "l", Hint = _("Build ~!Lumber Mill"), Popup = "popup-building",