Wyrmsun Thunder

Timesless Tales is a standalone expansion for Wyrmsun.
Kyran

Re: Wyrmsun Thunder

Post by Kyran »

Wargus Ais now work. Nephrite didn't have any trouble with me.
Nephrite.png
Nephrite.png (276.77 KiB) Viewed 11954 times
04:27 jim4 why haven't you added wc1 support? this project sucks. i'm only going to use freecraft
05:06 jim4 finished wc1 support yet? i've been waiting for 6 years
05:10 jim4 new things scare me
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

Kyran wrote:Wargus Ais now work. Nephrite didn't have any trouble with me.
Nephrite.png
Cool! I looked into your UI code to see why the lumber and oil icons aren't appearing, and you defined their "IconFrame" as being 1 and 2 respectively. It should be 0 for both (since they have an image file of their own, instead of being the second or third frame of an image file with all the resource icons). You also don't need to use "lumber.png" for oil: there is already an icon for oil in Wyrmsun (it is just unused at the moment). You could use "oil.png", or "fuel.png", both would fit.
Kyran

Post by Kyran »

Now unit-hero-female causes the game to crash. I don't see any reason why, the unit is a direct copy and past from one that works. To see the crash load up Coastal Crusade, and look at White's second herbalist.
Attachments
screen01.png
screen01.png (313.56 KiB) Viewed 11935 times
WT3.zip
(5.11 MiB) Downloaded 525 times
Last edited by Kyran on Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
04:27 jim4 why haven't you added wc1 support? this project sucks. i'm only going to use freecraft
b_o

Post by b_o »

nice, I managed to snag that WT3 file before it was removed, and it looks promising. But it crashed with a bunch of invalid map tile errors when I used it with the latest wyrmsun commit. I think that might have been caused by the maps using the forest tileset. The new seasonal tree graphic code makes old forest maps get those errors, and I'm not sure how to update the old forest maps to allow for the seasonal tree changes. If you had maps using a non-forest tileset, I would guess it wouldn't get those errors.

edit:
I made a copy of one of the new forest tileset lua's and renamed it to the old forest.lua name and it fixed the problem.
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

b_o wrote:nice, I managed to snag that WT3 file before it was removed, and it looks promising. But it crashed with a bunch of invalid map tile errors when I used it with the latest wyrmsun commit. I think that might have been caused by the maps using the forest tileset. The new seasonal tree graphic code makes old forest maps get those errors, and I'm not sure how to update the old forest maps to allow for the seasonal tree changes. If you had maps using a non-forest tileset, I would guess it wouldn't get those errors.

edit:
I made a copy of one of the new forest tileset lua's and renamed it to the old forest.lua name and it fixed the problem.
To update old forest maps it's just a matter of replacing in the map's .sms file "LoadTileModels("scripts/tilesets/forest.lua")" with "LoadTileModels("scripts/tilesets/conifer_forest_summer.lua")". To get a random season, though, replace it with this instead:

Code: Select all

if (SyncRand(2) == 0) then
	LoadTileModels("scripts/tilesets/conifer_forest_summer.lua")
else
	LoadTileModels("scripts/tilesets/conifer_forest_autumn.lua")
end
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

Kyran wrote:Now unit-hero-female causes the game to crash. I don't see any reason why, the unit is a direct copy and past from one that works. To see the crash load up Coastal Crusade, and look at White's second herbalist.
I tested it, and it seems that it is something related to units being summoned that way in general, rather than that unit type in particular. If I replace unit-female-hero with something else in the build order, it crashes too when moving the mouse towards them.
Kyran

Post by Kyran »

Andrettin wrote:I tested it, and it seems that it is something related to units being summoned that way in general, rather than that unit type in particular. If I replace unit-female-hero with something else in the build order, it crashes too when moving the mouse towards them.
You probably just replaced the defective unit with another defective unit. If I place unit-female-hero on a new map it still crashes. I renamed it unit-female and it works. Mm! I renamed it unit-hero and it crashes again!

OK, so the game will crash if the unit has hero in the name.

Working:
  • unit-arthor-literios
  • unit-white-mage
  • unit-flying-angel
  • unit-man-of-light
  • unit-knight-rider
Broken:
  • hero
  • unit-hero
  • unit-female-hero
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

Kyran wrote:
Andrettin wrote:I tested it, and it seems that it is something related to units being summoned that way in general, rather than that unit type in particular. If I replace unit-female-hero with something else in the build order, it crashes too when moving the mouse towards them.
You probably just replaced the defective unit with another defective unit. If I place unit-female-hero on a new map it still crashes. I renamed it unit-female and it works. Mm! I renamed it unit-hero and it crashes again!

OK, so the game will crash if the unit has hero in the name.

Working:
  • unit-arthor-literios
  • unit-white-mage
  • unit-flying-angel
  • unit-man-of-light
  • unit-knight-rider
Broken:
  • hero
  • unit-hero
  • unit-female-hero
Ah, of course! I completely forgot - Wyrmsun uses there being "hero" in the ident to see whether a unit type is a hero or not (for things like hero persistency, etc.). I changed it so that heroes are now identified by a "Hero" boolflag.
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

Skype finally downloaded the messages of the last couple of days, and I saw what you mentioned about a couple of functions there now.

I made info_panel_x and info_panel_y global variables now (defined at stratagus.lua), meaning that you just need to redefine them and then load /scripts/ui.lua and it should work. For function SetupPlayer(player, race, ai, gold, lumber, oil, x, y), why don't you just redefine it in the mod's main file? That should work without any problems.
Kyran

Post by Kyran »

Andrettin wrote:I made info_panel_x and info_panel_y global variables now (defined at stratagus.lua), meaning that you just need to redefine them and then load /scripts/ui.lua and it should work. For function SetupPlayer(player, race, ai, gold, lumber, oil, x, y), why don't you just redefine it in the mod's main file? That should work without any problems.
Genius.

Here is another one for you.

DefineSpell("spell-unit-footman",
	"showname", "Footman",
	"res-cost", {0, ftm_cost_gold[1], ftm_cost_wood[1], ftm_cost_oil[1], 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0},
	"range", 6,
	"target", "position",
	"action", {
		{"summon", "unit-type", "unit-footman", "time-to-live", 99000},
		{"spawn-missile", "missile", "missile-magic-effect", "start-point", {"base", "target"}}},
	"sound-when-cast", "magic-holy"
)
It works perfectly fine, but if I define another spell afterwards, its crashes.

DefineSpell("spell-unit-footman2",
	"showname", "Footman",
	"res-cost", {0, ftm_cost_gold[1], ftm_cost_wood[1], ftm_cost_oil[1], 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0},
	"range", 6,
	"target", "position",
	"action", {
		{"summon", "unit-type", "unit-footman", "time-to-live", 99000},
		{"spawn-missile", "missile", "missile-magic-effect", "start-point", {"base", "target"}}},
	"sound-when-cast", "magic-holy"
)
Attachments
WT4.zip
(5.14 MiB) Downloaded 517 times