glitches, bugs, & suggestions

Wyrmsun is an RTS / Grand Strategy game which features elements of mythology, history and fiction.
Andrettin

Re: glitches, bugs, & suggestions

Post by Andrettin »

Kyran never made any maps for Wyrmsun, but I did include some maps he had for Aleona's Tales in earlier versions of Wyrmsun.

I removed them (along with other custom maps) for basically three reasons: 1. The maps' purpose is now largely filled by the existence of random maps, 2. It would take a lot of work to update all the maps to the RawTile system which Wyrmsun maps use and 3. I thought that it was better to only include maps that are actual locations in the worlds.
b_o

Post by b_o »

ahh.

New technology idea for Dwarves: "Grow longer beards". Increases max HP by 1.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a57_1334099100
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

b_o wrote:ahh.

New technology idea for Dwarves: "Grow longer beards". Increases max HP by 1.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a57_1334099100
Hahaha :)
DinkyDyeAussie

Post by DinkyDyeAussie »

Went to you GitHub respository man and got version .16. Won't run though, but you only updated it 2 hours ago. Thanks for the, well, thanks, to me and cybermind for helping out. :) When will .16 be ready to download?
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

DinkyDyeAussie wrote:Went to you GitHub respository man and got version .16. Won't run though, but you only updated it 2 hours ago. Thanks for the, well, thanks, to me and cybermind for helping out. :) When will .16 be ready to download?
The current .exe works for me, but b_o had reported an issue with the previous one I had compiled.

b_o had told me a new .exe I had uploaded earlier wasn't working, because of the following error:

"The program can't start because lua51.dll is missing from your computer.
Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem"

The new .exe was supposed to solve this issue. What error are you getting, the same as b_o had gotten before?

EDIT: cybermind has informed me that if you don't have the MSVC 2010 Redistributable Package installed, that is likely the source of the problem, since I used MSVC to compile the .exe.
DinkyDyeAussie

Post by DinkyDyeAussie »

Yeah same as b_o had, with the lua5.1 and lua51.dll files missing.

I used to have MSVC 2010, but have 2012 now, as it's much better I think.
b_o

Post by b_o »

commit #50 has the same problem. I sent a typo to you, it was lua5.1.dll not lua.51.dll, sorry. There were two other dll's it needed as well, MSVCP100D.dll and MSVCR100D.dll. I just downloaded the 3 dll's from some place on the net which has a bunch of dll's, stuck them in the wyrmsun directory, and then the game worked.
I found some of them here:

http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-fil ... nload.html

I can't find the missing link where I found the other dll.

There's supposed to be a way to make the exe include them within the exe though.
Last edited by b_o on Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

b_o wrote:commit #50 has the same problem. I sent a typo to you, it was lua5.1.dll not lua.51.dll, sorry. There were two other dll's it needed as well, MSVCP100D.dll and MSVCR100D.dll. I just downloaded the 3 dll's from some place on the net which has a bunch of dll's, stuck them in the wyrmsun directory, and then the game worked.
I found some of them here:

I can't find the missing link where I found the other dll, so I've attached the 3 dll's to this message. just put all 3 in the wyrmsun directory. There's supposed to be a way to make the exe include them within the exe though.
dlls.zip
Yes, I tried to do the method described in the website you linked me to to include them in the .exe, but then the .exe couldn't compile successfully. cybermind advised me to change certain things on the build project, and told me that then if everything works correctly it would only be needed for the person to have the MSVC 2010 Redistributable Package installed (and those two DLLs besides the Lua51 I imagine are distributed in that package).
DinkyDyeAussie

Post by DinkyDyeAussie »

Thanks b_o that worked.

Loving your game's interface Andrettin! Slider bars look good :) Keep it up it's looking very polished! :D
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

I should say in the readme and the opening post when the next version is released that the MSVC 2010 Redistributable Package is needed to run the game.

cybermind sent me some updated Lua library files which could solve the requirement of having the Lua dll though. I uploaded a new .exe to the GitHub which makes use of the updated Lua library files.

Does the new .exe still require the Lua DLL to be run?
DinkyDyeAussie wrote:Thanks b_o that worked.

Loving your game's interface Andrettin! Slider bars look good :) Keep it up it's looking very polished! :D
I'm glad you liked it =)