AI Expanding Behavior?

shedeen

AI Expanding Behavior?

Post by shedeen »

Hey guys,

So I've been modding Aleona's Tales' land_attack AI script lately. Scripting build orders and attack forces is a snap! However, I'm running into one annoying issue: I've noticed that the AI sends it's workers all over the map to other gold mines (including those of the enemy), even though there is one very close by to their first town hall. It's a waste of their time and resources, especially when sending workers to an opponents base only to get killed. I've also noticed that it expands with a new town hall way too early.

Is there any way stop the AI from sending workers to gold mines if they don't have a town hall near it? And is there any way to control when they expand?

Thanks in advance.

shedeen
Andrettin

Re: AI Expanding Behavior?

Post by Andrettin »

shedeen wrote:Hey guys,

So I've been modding Aleona's Tales' land_attack AI script lately. Scripting build orders and attack forces is a snap! However, I'm running into one annoying issue: I've noticed that the AI sends it's workers all over the map to other gold mines (including those of the enemy), even though there is one very close by to their first town hall. It's a waste of their time and resources, especially when sending workers to an opponents base only to get killed. I've also noticed that it expands with a new town hall way too early.

Is there any way stop the AI from sending workers to gold mines if they don't have a town hall near it? And is there any way to control when they expand?

Thanks in advance.

shedeen
As far as I know, there is no way to do that through Lua. It would have to be changed in the engine itself.
Big Daddy

Re: AI Expanding Behavior?

Post by Big Daddy »

Some considerations may include breaking a map into zones controlled by various players - any mine within a zone controlled by player x would not be considered a mining target for computer y.