Doom war's bug and improvement topic.

Doom Wars is a RTS set in Doom universe that pits the Marines of the UAC against the Invaders from Hell.
doctormedic

Doom war's bug and improvement topic.

Post by doctormedic »

As there isnt a topic for bugs and for improving game elements i decided it would be a good idea to make of my own.
doctormedic

Re: Doom war's bug and improvement topic.

Post by doctormedic »

Is anyone still here?
Kyran

Post by Kyran »

Hi.
04:27 jim4 why haven't you added wc1 support? this project sucks. i'm only going to use freecraft
05:06 jim4 finished wc1 support yet? i've been waiting for 6 years
05:10 jim4 new things scare me
cybermind

Post by cybermind »

If you have found any bug in the game, or want to give me some ideas, just post them there ;)
Currently, the game is suffering the lack of players. So, you may post the link to the game everywhere you want, we need to gather some attraction to the game. I'm interested in Doom Wars multiplayer battles, if you want to have some, here is my skype: iddqd_skype
eolandro

Building Linux version

Post by eolandro »

Hi

i have some problems runing the game in Linux i've compiled stratagus_2.2.7.orig.tar.gz the lastest stable release but when i tried to runing the game i get :

Code: Select all

[string "scripts/stratagus.lua"]:42: attempt to index global 'os' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	[string "scripts/stratagus.lua"]:42: in main chunk
what's wrong?
cybermind

Post by cybermind »

Please use trunk rev.8876 instead
eolandro

Post by eolandro »

yes now works, but i think that would be better only use filenames with lowercase, that is better for linux and other linuxes.

Thanks
Alexhandr

Post by Alexhandr »

I want to say how much fun this game is. It plays almost flawlessly.

However, I have noticed two issues:
1) When I play a game with 7 AI, at some point the game either crashes or freezes temporarily, like lag, but it does it over and over until the inevitable crash.

2) Peculiar network out of sync issues. I am attempting to find out the cause, as sometimes there's no issues at all, and other times there can be. It seems almost random, I can't quite put my finger on it.
shotfan

Post by shotfan »

Hello, is anybody still visiting Doom Wars forum? I do not care if somebody is going to call me a thread necromancer - I do not want such a fun game to be left decaying. I have a ton of suggestions about how to expand and improve this game further, but first I want to ensure that anyone is actually interested.
eolandro

Post by eolandro »

shotfan wrote:Hello, is anybody still visiting Doom Wars forum? I do not care if somebody is going to call me a thread necromancer - I do not want such a fun game to be left decaying. I have a ton of suggestions about how to expand and improve this game further, but first I want to ensure that anyone is actually interested.
yeah we are here.

i think the problem is stratagus documentation is not very good, we don't how the scripts woks, the animations, naming conventions and so on.