Need some help with BZR and launchpad

DinkyDyeAussie

Need some help with BZR and launchpad

Post by DinkyDyeAussie »

Ok so here's what I've done so far.

I've downloaded putty, and bzr. Generated both a public and private ssh keys, and added my private key to putty and registered my public key on launchpad.net.

I've logged into bzr using the command prompt. Then followed the directions on the help page (to the best of my knowledge) to try and upload to the trunk.

All I get back is

Code: Select all

bzr: ERROR: Not a branch: "C:/Games/Wargus/".
What else do I need to do in order to upload my modified scripts to the wargus respository on launchpad? I'd like to contribute alot more to this project and to stratagus and want to know exactly what else I need to do in order to be able to upload my own changes without having to create a sub-wargus/sun-stratagus branch of my own...
Kyran

Re: Need some help with BZR and launchpad

Post by Kyran »

You might want to use Bazaar Explorer instead. For authentication I use Pageant.
04:27 jim4 why haven't you added wc1 support? this project sucks. i'm only going to use freecraft
05:06 jim4 finished wc1 support yet? i've been waiting for 6 years
05:10 jim4 new things scare me
DinkyDyeAussie

Post by DinkyDyeAussie »

yeah I've tried using BZR go upload to the trunk. The "push-to" does not work for me.
You upload stuff all the time to the trunk man. You got a step by guide of what I need to
do to start being able to upload my stuff using bazzar? I looked on bzr's website and all
they have is command prompt tutorials. I'd really like to know how to properly use the bzr gui.
DinkyDyeAussie

Post by DinkyDyeAussie »

Apparently I have Pagent too. so that's taken care of.
DinkyDyeAussie

Post by DinkyDyeAussie »

Trying not to punch a hole in my monitor here. This is so frustrating. There's hardly any info on how to use the gui version of this program. I have tried to both "push" AND "commit" to the trunk my modified scripts, but I keep getting errors with it. I've got pagent running with my private key and are logged into launchpad...Now I don't know what to do!

Step by step guide please :(
Kyran

Post by Kyran »

Calm down Dinky. BZR pisses me off all the time. We are now Wiz Bros(tm)! Can you pull the trunk?
04:27 jim4 why haven't you added wc1 support? this project sucks. i'm only going to use freecraft
DinkyDyeAussie

Post by DinkyDyeAussie »

yeah pulling it is easy :P

It's pushing it I get cofused with. Glad to see I'm not the only one that gets pissed off with it. So what do you do to push changes to the trunk?
Kyran

Post by Kyran »

What error message does it give you at the commit stage?
DinkyDyeAussie

Post by DinkyDyeAussie »

Just says this:

Code: Select all

bzr: ERROR: These branches have diverged.  See "bzr help diverged-branches" for more information.
All I do is click the "open" icon on the left side of the "Open existing location" list box that displays all the branches/folder you have opened it bzr, and add the scripts folder. Then I click push, and it comes up with this error ^^^