Not responding

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.
Templar

Not responding

Post by Templar »

In all honesty, I wish not to make myself look like a fool for this.

After downloading Stratagus for Win7 (bit64), and going through downloading all of the required (Except libpng). The application for Stratagus is not responding, (as in nothing happening type of problem). Any helpful hints?
Andrettin

Re: Not responding

Post by Andrettin »

Templar wrote:In all honesty, I wish not to make myself look like a fool for this.

After downloading Stratagus for Win7 (bit64), and going through downloading all of the required (Except libpng). The application for Stratagus is not responding, (as in nothing happening type of problem). Any helpful hints?
Yes, nothing happens if the proper Lua files aren't in (a /scripts/ subfolder within) the same folder as the stratagus executable.
Templar

Post by Templar »

Thanks. Although I'm going to need a lot of handholding in this, I apologize.
Can you list the files needed to be moved?

I know this will be a bother with me not knowing what to do and always asking for help. I usually start like this, but when I get a hang of things I'll be ok.
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

Templar wrote:Thanks. Although I'm going to need a lot of handholding in this, I apologize.
Can you list the files needed to be moved?

I know this will be a bother with me not knowing what to do and always asking for help. I usually start like this, but when I get a hang of things I'll be ok.
Unfortunately, I don't haven't looked into exactly which files are needed by the engine in a hardcoded manner. I would say stratagus.lua is almost certainly needed. Looking at how the lua files in Aleona's Tales or Wyrmsun are structured would be a good idea, I think.
Templar

Post by Templar »

Well I can't see anything in the other files that could help me. And I feel as though I'm stacking stuff and its taking a lot of space.