Greetings

A place to discuss what doesn't belong anywhere else.

Moderator: Big Daddy

Templar

Greetings

Post by Templar »

Hello, this is Templar. Just to say I'm not a bot or anything of the sort. Found this website searching for some answers for this engine (Stratagus).

For a heads up, I'm not too bright. I read things but don't understand them too well.

To get straight to the point, I came up with an idea for a game. Completely original (Well the idea may have been used somewhere but the content such as, units, buildings, etc. would all be mine.)

Will I be allowed to sell the game should it ever be used on this engine?
Again, not too bright and I don't want to sound rude, a simple yes, no, or maybe answer would be helpful. Sorry.
Andrettin

Re: Greetings

Post by Andrettin »

Templar wrote:Hello, this is Templar. Just to say I'm not a bot or anything of the sort. Found this website searching for some answers for this engine (Stratagus).

For a heads up, I'm not too bright. I read things but don't understand them too well.

To get straight to the point, I came up with an idea for a game. Completely original (Well the idea may have been used somewhere but the content such as, units, buildings, etc. would all be mine.)

Will I be allowed to sell the game should it ever be used on this engine?
Again, not too bright and I don't want to sound rude, a simple yes, no, or maybe answer would be helpful. Sorry.
Hello, Templar, welcome. To answer your question - my understanding is that if you provide the engine's source or a link to where it can be found, there's no (legal) problem for you to sell your game.