map editor glitch

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.
b_o

map editor glitch

Post by b_o »

There seems to be a discrepancy with how the map editor displays tree tiles, and how wargus displays tree tiles in-game.
I was making some new trees, and they look fine in the map editor, but a couple of tiles are swapped in the actual game. It should be easy enough for me to fix the tileset for the game, but an update to the map editor would probably be good.
every thing looks fine in the map editor
every thing looks fine in the map editor
wgmaped.png (14.47 KiB) Viewed 6777 times
glitches visible in a wargus WIP campaign map
glitches visible in a wargus WIP campaign map
wgwc1.png (47 KiB) Viewed 6790 times
Last edited by b_o on Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrettin

Re: map editor glitch

Post by Andrettin »

b_o wrote:There seems to be a discrepancy with how the map editor displays tree tiles, and how wargus displays tree tiles in-game.
I was making some new trees, and they look fine in the map editor, but a couple of tiles are swapped in the actual game. It should be easy enough for me to fix the tileset for the game, but an update to the map editor would probably be good.
A good idea, I think, would be to test a tileset in Wyrmsun's campaign map. This is because for that map the, tile types (tree, water, etc.) are coded, but the variation picked for a specific tile is random, while in the editor always the same variation seems to be chosen, regardless if (for instance) grass tiles have 3 variations. You could also generate a random map in Wyrmsun, since (besides obviously having random tile types chosen), it implements the tile variations randomly as well.
b_o

Re: map editor glitch

Post by b_o »

Here is something else weird about the editor:
Notice how the top row changes, adding a new tree tile where there was none when I use a 1*1 dirt tile to remove a tree tile 2 tiles away:
clear view of the arrangment
clear view of the arrangment
c1.png (10.22 KiB) Viewed 6777 times
I place the 1*1 dirt tile over the bottom right corner tree tile
I place the 1*1 dirt tile over the bottom right corner tree tile
c2.png (9.55 KiB) Viewed 6777 times
a new tree tile appears where there was none
a new tree tile appears where there was none
c3.png (10.55 KiB) Viewed 6777 times