GPL Graphics

Got resources you'd like to share? Want to request some help with scripting or graphic creation? Then this is the place to be.
Kyran

Re: GPL Graphics

Post by Kyran »

Andrettin wrote:The motivation for commissioning a human lumber mill was both for advancing the WC1 recreation, as well as providing graphics for games which use the Stratagus engine.
What kind of lumber mill is it based on? It doesn't look like the WC1 one (which is a good thing, we can use it in other games now).

Would Jinn be willing to do original character sheets for a price? I'm seeing potential here to do a Kickstarter to put together a pot of gold.
04:27 jim4 why haven't you added wc1 support? this project sucks. i'm only going to use freecraft
05:06 jim4 finished wc1 support yet? i've been waiting for 6 years
05:10 jim4 new things scare me
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

Kyran wrote: What kind of lumber mill is it based on? It doesn't look like the WC1 one (which is a good thing, we can use it in other games now).
I sent him pictures for reference and asked him to give the lumber mill an original design, while preserving the basic characteristics of the reference images (so that it would be possible to release it under the GPL).
Would Jinn be willing to do original character sheets for a price? I'm seeing potential here to do a Kickstarter to put together a pot of gold.
Unfortunately, he has told me that animating is not his specialty.
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

Thread updated with Dwarven Miner unit graphics by b_o :)
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

Initial post updated to include the Dwarven Town Hall by Jinn :)
Mikko Merikivi

Post by Mikko Merikivi »

From another thread (I didn't want to clutter it up too much):
Andrettin wrote:By the way, since you have a Dwarven civilization in Battle for Mandicore, you may be interested in Jinn's Dwarven Town Hall and b_o's Dwarven Miner graphics which I have posted in this thread:
At least the dwarven miner is better than the one in use. However, it might be beneficial to use placeholder graphics until the tech tree is even somewhat set in stone. That way it will be easier to decide what kind of a visual style we want.

Also, I don't see graphics for when the miner is carrying resources. But that can probably wait until you know who is going to use the graphics.
b_o

Post by b_o »

Mikko Merikivi wrote:Also, I don't see graphics for when the miner is carrying resources. But that can probably wait until you know who is going to use the graphics.
I'm working on those now.
dwb.png
dwb.png (1.31 KiB) Viewed 9930 times
dwood.png
dwood.png (1.35 KiB) Viewed 9254 times
Last edited by b_o on Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

First post updated with the unit graphics for the Dwarven Miner with gold by b_o :)
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

Updated the first post with the Dwarven Miner with Lumber by b_o, and included fixes he did to the previous two Dwarven Miner spritesheets :)
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

First post updated with a Dwarven axe icon!
Kyran

Post by Kyran »

I've made a human house for Wyrmsun. I used Jinn's style for the walls and Renaud Blanchard's blacksmith roof.
Attachments
human_house.png
human_house.png (1.63 KiB) Viewed 8861 times
04:27 jim4 why haven't you added wc1 support? this project sucks. i'm only going to use freecraft
05:06 jim4 finished wc1 support yet? i've been waiting for 6 years
05:10 jim4 new things scare me