WIP - Wargus Improvement Project

WIP aims to Wargus, while maintaining the game's ambience and gameplay experience.
cybermind

Re: WIP - Wargus Improvement Project

Post by cybermind »

Well, for roads you can use this code:

Code: Select all

BuildingRules = { { "distance", { Distance = 1, DistanceType = "<=", Type = "unit-road"}}}
This code should be inserted into all building definitions. Though, there isn't any opportunity to check out if this piece of road was built by you. I could add such a check in future versions of Stratagus.
b_o wrote:I'm wondering if "rain of fire" can be recreated in wargus.
Yes, this could be implemented. (if this won't work, try this on trunk version of Stratagus)
You need to create a new modified version of blizzard spell and change this lines in spell

old:
"start-offset-x", -128,
"start-offset-y", -128
new:
"start-offset-x", 0,
"start-offset-y", -256,
Then you will need to create a new missile type, which will be used for fireball. Give it a splash damage ability.
And the last thing to do is to make a new SpellCast animation block for conjurer and copy Attack block into it, then modify it like this:

SpellCast = {"unbreakable begin", 
"if-var s_spell-rain-of-fire == 1 rainoffire",
--...normal spell cast...
"goto end",
"label rainoffire",
--...slowed rain of fire cast...
"label end", "unbreakable end", "wait 1",},
The only thing you can't do is to make fireball falling range. I think I will add such a feature soon in trunk.
Feel free to ask questions about scripting and Stratagus features. I have been developing Doom Wars for 4.5 years and using a lot of it's features in my game, so I'm glad to share my experience gained in Doom Wars development.
b_o wrote: Formations is the other thing I was wondering about
Just checked it out on DOS Warcraft 1.20 now and there wasn't any formations at all: every unit tried to move as closely to destination point as it could.
b_o

Post by b_o »

Thanks for the code!
cybermind wrote:Just checked it out on DOS Warcraft 1.20 now and there wasn't any formations at all: every unit tried to move as closely to destination point as it could.
I disagree, they don't choose the closest point but rather end up with their original formation:

Start position:
4.png
4.png (27.09 KiB) Viewed 8171 times
Move around obstaclesl:
5.png
5.png (31.75 KiB) Viewed 8171 times
Final position same as start:
6.png
6.png (30.49 KiB) Viewed 8171 times
It becomes significant when moving front lines forward and maintaining an even line:
4.png
4.png (37.38 KiB) Viewed 8171 times
5.png
5.png (36.62 KiB) Viewed 8171 times
6.png
6.png (38.55 KiB) Viewed 8171 times
You can not do that in Wc2.
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

WIP 1.7 Released

Changes:

- Added human Lumber Mill.
- Added the second scenario of the human WC1 campaign.
- Added human left-side part of the UI in HD for the 1024x768 and 1360x768 resolutions.
Kyran

Post by Kyran »

Andrettin wrote:WIP 1.7 Released
I'm waiting for the inclusion of the Macintosh Gaming League Map Pack. Hint hint, nudge nudge,
04:27 jim4 why haven't you added wc1 support? this project sucks. i'm only going to use freecraft
05:06 jim4 finished wc1 support yet? i've been waiting for 6 years
05:10 jim4 new things scare me
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

Kyran wrote: I'm waiting for the inclusion of the Macintosh Gaming League Map Pack. Hint hint, nudge nudge,
Sounds interesting.

Do we have their permission to include the maps, or did they license the map pack in some form?
b_o

Post by b_o »

Andrettin wrote:- Added the second scenario of the human WC1 campaign.
˙ǝɔɐɟ uɐɯnɥ ɐ ɥʇıʍ uoɔı ʍǝu ɐ ʇı ǝʌıƃ ʇnq 'ɹǝɥɔɹɐ uɐɯnɥ ɐ ʇı ןןɐɔ puɐ 'sɔıɥdɐɹƃ ɹǝƃuɐɹ ǝɥʇ ƃuısn ʇıun ʍǝu ʎɹɐɹodɯǝʇ ɐ ǝʞɐɯ pןnoɔ noʎ ɹo ¿ƃuıǝq ǝɯıʇ ǝɥʇ ɹoɟ ǝʇnʇıʇsqns ɐ sɐ ǝʌɹǝs pןnoɥs sɹǝɥɔɹɐ ɟןǝ ǝqʎɐɯ ¿uǝɯʍoqssoɹɔ ǝʌɐɥ oʇ pǝsoddns uoıssıɯ uɐɯnɥ puoɔǝs ǝɥʇ ʇ,usɐʍ
Kyran

Post by Kyran »

Warcraft 2 maps were never licensed. It's almost as if they weren't expecting us to want to use them here so many years later. Interestingly enough, one of the maps (Death in the Middle) is already included with Wargus.

Here is the pack anyway. I wasn't aware you had permission for everything you included in your mod. Were those unknown author ones provided with a license.
04:27 jim4 why haven't you added wc1 support? this project sucks. i'm only going to use freecraft
05:06 jim4 finished wc1 support yet? i've been waiting for 6 years
05:10 jim4 new things scare me
DinkyDyeAussie

Post by DinkyDyeAussie »

Found a bug with the human lumbermill in the second WC1 campaign. With the color cycling on it cycles the door and the upper wooden deck, as well as parts of the roof that isn't the players colour - the space between the tiles basically.

Other than that the second WC1 human campaign is fun, and plays exactly like the original :) Nice work guys.
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

DinkyDyeAussie wrote:Found a bug with the human lumbermill in the second WC1 campaign. With the color cycling on it cycles the door and the upper wooden deck, as well as parts of the roof that isn't the players colour - the space between the tiles basically.

Other than that the second WC1 human campaign is fun, and plays exactly like the original :) Nice work guys.
I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

As for the human lumber mill, unfortunately I'm not able to replicate the issue you are having with the color cycling.
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

Kyran wrote:Warcraft 2 maps were never licensed. It's almost as if they weren't expecting us to want to use them here so many years later. Interestingly enough, one of the maps (Death in the Middle) is already included with Wargus.

Here is the pack anyway. I wasn't aware you had permission for everything you included in your mod. Were those unknown author ones provided with a license.
I didn't ask that because of WIP, but because of a game using the Stratagus engine that I'm working on, which has all of its content under the GPLv2, so I wanted to know whether I could include the maps in it. Since some maps have been released under the GPLv2 license (the Stratagus Media Project ones), I didn't think it was an absurd question at all.

In any case, thanks for posting the maps.