WIP - Wargus Improvement Project

WIP aims to Wargus, while maintaining the game's ambience and gameplay experience.
Andrettin

Re: WIP - Wargus Improvement Project

Post by Andrettin »

b_o wrote: ˙ǝɔɐɟ uɐɯnɥ ɐ ɥʇıʍ uoɔı ʍǝu ɐ ʇı ǝʌıƃ ʇnq 'ɹǝɥɔɹɐ uɐɯnɥ ɐ ʇı ןןɐɔ puɐ 'sɔıɥdɐɹƃ ɹǝƃuɐɹ ǝɥʇ ƃuısn ʇıun ʍǝu ʎɹɐɹodɯǝʇ ɐ ǝʞɐɯ pןnoɔ noʎ ɹo ¿ƃuıǝq ǝɯıʇ ǝɥʇ ɹoɟ ǝʇnʇıʇsqns ɐ sɐ ǝʌɹǝs pןnoɥs sɹǝɥɔɹɐ ɟןǝ ǝqʎɐɯ ¿uǝɯʍoqssoɹɔ ǝʌɐɥ oʇ pǝsoddns uoıssıɯ uɐɯnɥ puoɔǝs ǝɥʇ ʇ,usɐʍ
Yes, and the problem is precisely that we don't have crossbowman unit graphics. Although it's not ideal, I think that the best solution for now is to simply not have the unit in the mission (having Elven Archers in the first war would make the storyline of human mission 2 of the Tides of Darkness campaign strange).
Kyran

Post by Kyran »

Andrettin wrote:I didn't think it was an absurd question at all.
I didn't imply it was. I just wanted the maps included in something since I can't include them with AT or Wargus.
Andrettin wrote:a game using the Stratagus engine that I'm working on
Oh, tell us about it.
04:27 jim4 why haven't you added wc1 support? this project sucks. i'm only going to use freecraft
05:06 jim4 finished wc1 support yet? i've been waiting for 6 years
05:10 jim4 new things scare me
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

Kyran wrote: Oh, tell us about it.
The basic idea is having an universe where humans exist on Earth, while Elves, Dwarves and etc. exist on different worlds, and they would only meet in the distant future. In this manner, the universe allows us to have Elves, Dwarves and etc. without cramming all of them in one world, and to eventually have sci-fi elements. While, say, in the Dwarven campaign players only fight other races which inhabit the Dwarven world of Nidavellir, in custom games they would be able to pit them against any race which is in the game.

The development arc I'm working on right now, "Tales of Nidavellir", is about the Dwarves and the other races which inhabit their world. I plan to have a nine-scenario Dwarven campaign and a basically functioning Dwarven civilization (Town Hall, Barracks, Farm, Worker and Infantry) when I launch the first version of the game.
desnell88

Post by desnell88 »

I got a lil' question here; Is it possible to implement damage and armor types (like Starcraft and Warcraft III) in Wargus? Given the flexibility/customizability of the engine, I was wondering if it can be done.

I really love the idea of the Dwarven Axefighters in the human campaign. I suggest that there'd be more unique units (as in units that can't be trained in both campaign and in custom games) to face (or use) in the campaigns. For example in the Quel Thalas levels in the Orc campaign, the player would be facing a variety of elven units and that at times, the humans would be employing crossbowmen. Same could also apply to Khaz Modan where different dwarven units could be faced. The Dark Templar in the first Starcraft (not Brood War) were only available as campaign-only and mission specific units.

In the RTS, Starwars Galactic Battlegrounds, these units/buildings/etc. are called "toybox units". There's a good number of them in the campaigns, thus spicing things up.
cybermind

Post by cybermind »

desnell88 wrote:I got a lil' question here; Is it possible to implement damage and armor types (like Starcraft and Warcraft III) in Wargus? Given the flexibility/customizability of the engine, I was wondering if it can be done.
Yes, you can implement this in Stratagus. I've done it in my Doom Wars. Just use Lua function called SetDamageFormula.
desnell88

Post by desnell88 »

cybermind wrote:Yes, you can implement this in Stratagus. I've done it in my Doom Wars. Just use Lua function called SetDamageFormula.
I see. Thanks for the info. I'll download your mod and give it a go. I''ve been a longtime Doom fan as well.
desnell88

Post by desnell88 »

By the way, is it possible to make critters not tileset specific? also, has anyone thought about implementing flying critters (like birds for example)?
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

desnell88 wrote:By the way, is it possible to make critters not tileset specific?
Yes, it is possible. You just have to define a different unit type for each critter.
Angelus_EV

Post by Angelus_EV »

will this continue?
will you simply re do the warcraft 1 maps or will you change the tile-sets and the sprites to match the original warcraft 1 game?
please continue this!
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

Angelus_EV wrote:will this continue?
will you simply re do the warcraft 1 maps or will you change the tile-sets and the sprites to match the original warcraft 1 game?
please continue this!
Hello Angelus_EV,

I'm afraid I'm no longer working on this mod any longer, as my efforts are now directed at the development of Wyrmsun.

If someone wishes to continue this mod in my stead, they are more than welcome to do so however :)