WIP - Wargus Improvement Project

WIP aims to Wargus, while maintaining the game's ambience and gameplay experience.
Andrettin

Re: WIP - Wargus Improvement Project

Post by Andrettin »

Kargath wrote:Other bugs found:
- ships doesn't display damage
I noticed that too. I don't know what is causing it, though.
- when sappers explode you hear a sword sound and holy vision sounds (no explosion sound, very weird)
I found the error and fixed it, thanks!
- eye of killrog is eternal, doesn't expires after some time
It does expire after some time (5000 cycles), although perhaps that's more than what it was in the original WC2?

- orc mission 12 (beyond the dark portal) all unit should have all spells researched like original war2[/quote]

Death Knight and Ogre-Mage spells begin researched in that mission now. Do you know if the human units should also begin with all spells researched?
- orc mission where you return to sargeras tomb and you have to kill demon: in original war 2 enemy player got paladins instead of knight and their spell researched
I fixed the scenario so now they begin with Paladins. Which Paladin spells should begin researched?
- orc mission 11 (there is a shipyard in the sea instead of the coast!)
Fixed!
I'll test more missions and I'll report more if I find more.
Cool :)
Some suggestions:
- when you set fog of war off, the option remains only for current match, then it returns. it should be permanent once you set if on or off
I don't know what may be causing that. I took a look at the code, and it seems that it should be working as you mentioned.
- make towers choose the target to attack, like starcraft 1/2 and warcraft 3
Great idea, I made it now so that by right-clicking while a tower is selected you can choose which it unit it attacks.
Kargath

Post by Kargath »

In xhuman12 spells are not researched for humans since they start with knights and not paladins, and mages start to harass you when they research spells.
In beyond the dark portal tomb of sargeras mission paladins have all spells researched. About this mission: Blizzard here made a big confusion since you fight humans with blue and violet color, intended to represent stormreaver and twilight's hammer clan. Imo they choose humans because of healing spells and exorcism that hurt the butt of your death knight.
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

Gul'dan with the new graphics by b_o:

Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

WIP 1.5 Released

Main changes:
- The player can now choose the target of Guard Towers and Cannon Towers by right-clicking on an enemy while the towers are selected.
- Corrections in campaign scenarios Orc11, Orc12, OrcX09, OrcX11 and OrcX12.
- Orc12: Two of the Death Knights replaced by Warlocks.
- Gul'dan now uses special unit graphics.
- Gul'dan now can cast the Summon Spider and Summon Daemon spells instead of death knight spells.
- Medivh added.
- Both Orcs and Humans now use the correct sounds when getting units from rescue-passive and rescue-active players.
- Death Coil and Death and Decay now have the correct icons.
- Scorpion added.
- Spider added.
- Orc Necrolyte added.
- Orc Warlock added.
- Goblin Zeppelins and Gnomish Flying Machines are now repairable.
- The Orc Spearman has a new icon.
- Changed the name of the "Editor" button to "Map Editor".

As usual, a more detailed changelog can be found within the readme file.
Kargath

Post by Kargath »

I''ve tested some stuff in orc campaign Beyond The Dark Portal, here some bugs/incorrect stuff I've found:

MISSION BUGS:

ORC03X: AI only trains a few grunts, their peons costantly mine from your goldmine, nobody attacks you on east side of the base like in the original, they don't train trolls axethrowers.
ORC04X: No death coil for Teron Gorefiend
ORC06X: No death coil for Teron Gorefiend
ORC07X: After the scenario starts 2 footmen attack you immediately when you have only one peon, making the scenario impossible
ORC08X: Enemy ships don't attack you immediately like in the original
ORC09X: Violet player got only knights, not paladins (my fault). Foundry got all upgrades (none in the original), shypyard can train other ships (in the original only transport),
temple of the damned got all upgrades and death knight training (only raise dead and death and decay in original, no trainable death knights)
ORC11X: No death coil for Teron Gorefiend
ORC12X: Completely different AI making it a totally different mission. Little suggestion: why don't add Killrog Deadeye for you and Uther Lightbringer for blue player in this mission? ;)

GAMEPLAY BUGS:
When ogre mages casts bloodlust you hear the punch sound
When sheeps dies, you hear explosion sounds instead of sheep death sound
When spider dies you hear standard orc death sound (very odd)
Can't summon the demon with Gu'l Dan
Gul'Dan spells don't display their mana cost

SUGGESTIONS:
Suggestion for transports: why don't make a load button, making it working like Starcraft: you click load on a target unit and your transport immediately goes to pick it up, should be nice IMO.
Suggestion for towers: chance to select more towers would be great!
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

Kargath wrote:I''ve tested some stuff in orc campaign Beyond The Dark Portal, here some bugs/incorrect stuff I've found:

MISSION BUGS:

ORC03X: AI only trains a few grunts, their peons costantly mine from your goldmine, nobody attacks you on east side of the base like in the original, they don't train trolls axethrowers.
ORC04X: No death coil for Teron Gorefiend
ORC06X: No death coil for Teron Gorefiend
ORC07X: After the scenario starts 2 footmen attack you immediately when you have only one peon, making the scenario impossible
ORC08X: Enemy ships don't attack you immediately like in the original
ORC09X: Violet player got only knights, not paladins (my fault). Foundry got all upgrades (none in the original), shypyard can train other ships (in the original only transport),
temple of the damned got all upgrades and death knight training (only raise dead and death and decay in original, no trainable death knights)
ORC11X: No death coil for Teron Gorefiend
ORC12X: Completely different AI making it a totally different mission. Little suggestion: why don't add Killrog Deadeye for you and Uther Lightbringer for blue player in this mission? ;)

GAMEPLAY BUGS:
When ogre mages casts bloodlust you hear the punch sound
When sheeps dies, you hear explosion sounds instead of sheep death sound
When spider dies you hear standard orc death sound (very odd)
Can't summon the demon with Gu'l Dan
Gul'Dan spells don't display their mana cost

SUGGESTIONS:
Suggestion for transports: why don't make a load button, making it working like Starcraft: you click load on a target unit and your transport immediately goes to pick it up, should be nice IMO.
Suggestion for towers: chance to select more towers would be great!
Thanks for reporting the bugs, Kargath!

Your transport suggestion is doable code-wise (the transport already does that when selecting it and then right-clicking on units), but unfortunately I don't think we have any icons for that.

As far as I know, all spells don't display their mana costs in Wargus (unlike WC2), it's not a Gul'dan-specific issue. I don't know whether it can be solved through lua. The other three gameplay bugs you mentioned are possible to fix, I think.

As for the mission bugs, I'll seek to fix the non-AI ones. When someone develops a better AI, I could implement it into WIP. Peons mining from gold mines all over the map is something that can only be fixed in the source code, I think (the AI Lua scripts are mostly build orders and choosing when and with what units to attack - where a peon mines gold isn't set there). I just tested OrcX11 and when I played it, Gorefiend had Death Coil from the beginning. Regarding OrcX12, why Kilrogg and Uther Lightbringer specifically?
Kargath

Post by Kargath »

Because Killrogg never appeared in game even if it's a very important character (and wheh he returned to Draenor he was with Grom and Kargath when they invaded Azeroth the second time). Uther because is a very important character too, one of the greatest paladins of the Alliance, since all heroes are defending the portal, why not Uther?
cybermind

Post by cybermind »

I think I could help you with scripting. I've added a lot of new features in Stratagus since 2012, and these changes aren't documented anywhere except in source code itself. So feel free to ask questions if some thing could be realized in Stratagus
Kargath

Post by Kargath »

I'm making a list of all spells/units available in original War2 mission, so I can compare with Wargus mission and check if they are allright or something is missing.
Big Daddy

Post by Big Daddy »

Think a Stratagus Wiki would be right smart