Warcraftish Graphics

Got resources you'd like to share? Want to request some help with scripting or graphic creation? Then this is the place to be.
Kargath

Re: Warcraftish Graphics

Post by Kargath »

Isn't that Medivh used also in Star Wars TC? :D
b_o

Post by b_o »

Kargath wrote:Isn't that Medivh used also in Star Wars TC? :D
No, this is his cousin. I suppose adding a beard to it would be in order.
b_o

Post by b_o »

Thanks, but that is not the wolf rider I was thinking of. it must be an older version. you can see the better one in this image: Image I would sooner modify a warcraft 1 wolfrider than use the 'raw' one.

Edit:

Unfortunately, someone "lost" my starcraft CD's when I was out of town, so all I have is an empty case, and not even a broodwar case.. I wont be able to extract anything from that mod since it requires a starcraft installation before it's data can be accessed.
b_o

Post by b_o »

I think you should put the paladin GFX in next. I fixed the shoulder.. I had posted this earlier with some team colors mixed in the blood: but I fixed that in this version.
shoulder fixed
shoulder fixed
danath_b.png (26.38 KiB) Viewed 9528 times
Kargath

Post by Kargath »

If I remember well, that paladin gfx had no horns in the helmet. IMO horns should remains in the helm.
b_o

Post by b_o »

Andrettin wrote:
b_o wrote:I think you should put the paladin GFX in next.
I think some of the Paladin graphics' changes (white horses, cross in the shield) look quite fitting, but the sword seems to me to not be as proper for a Paladin as a hammer, specially since in almost every depiction the paladins hold hammers or blunt weapons, rather than swords.
Well we could at least use it for Turalyon; he is depicted with a sword here:
http://wowpedia.org/Turalyon

Lothar also uses a sword, but his probably shouldn't glow. http://wowpedia.org/Anduin_Lothar Image

yeah, horns are good, but I'm all for variety where hero units are concerned.
Kargath

Post by Kargath »

That's the sword of Lothar: Turalyon pick it up after he was killed by Doomhammer, but in War2 manual Turalyon wields an hammer.
Kargath

Post by Kargath »

Here's the pic, you see Turalyon with an hammer: https://www.google.it/search?um=1&hl=it ... B800%3B392
b_o

Post by b_o »

Kargath wrote:Here's the pic, you see Turalyon with an hammer: https://www.google.it/search?um=1&hl=it ... B800%3B392
I see a bunch of images at that link, and no hammers? I'm not trying to argue, but I wanted to see the pic because I don't remember it and I don't have my old manuals anymore.
Andrettin wrote: That sounds like a good idea (although perhaps it would be better to have the sprite without the glow, since it looks a bit too special-abilityish). Another possibility would be to create paladin graphics by incorporating the changed shield and horse into the knight graphics.
I think that can be arranged.
Andrettin wrote:Speaking of which, some time ago I got the Lothar graphics into a sheet:
I tested them in-game, but there are some slight issues with it (AFAIK), such as the attack animation looking too static (the normal knight animation has the horse moving while he attacks, while in the Lothar graphics the horse stays entirely in place).
I'll see if I can fix it, his cape seems too static as well.
b_o

Post by b_o »

Here is the Orc spearman. I recommend Wc1 orc sounds for this. I tested it, and it works:
Orc Spearman
Orc Spearman
spearman.png (15.03 KiB) Viewed 9576 times
icon
icon
osticon.png (1.66 KiB) Viewed 9576 times
spear upgrade icons
spear upgrade icons
spicons.png (1.96 KiB) Viewed 9570 times
updated spear projectile
updated spear projectile
spear.png (1.27 KiB) Viewed 9552 times
It has the same amount of frames as the elf archer. The positioning of the sprites is good, but the animation control is different from the elf archer. I used the following movement code in scripts/human/anim.lua when replacing the archer. I chose the archer only for testing, but this kind of code could be put into the new unit code:

Code: Select all

local ArcherMove = {"unbreakable begin",
"frame 0", "move 3", "wait 1", 
"frame 0", "move 3", "wait 2",
"frame 5", "move 3", "wait 1",
"frame 5", "move 4", "wait 2", 
"frame 10", "move 3", "wait 1",
"frame 10", "move 3", "wait 2", 
"frame 15", "move 3", "wait 2",
"frame 15", "move 4", "wait 2", 
"frame 20", "move 3", "wait 1",
"frame 20", "move 3", "unbreakable end","wait 2", }
That code accounted for the correct animation sequence for the movement, but the wait's and moves and stuff can still be optimized.

Note: I think that this code actually makes the elf archer animation better too, because it puts the animation frames in the proper order. I think the current wargus animation code for a lot of units is probably messed up.
Last edited by b_o on Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.