Warcraftish Graphics

Got resources you'd like to share? Want to request some help with scripting or graphic creation? Then this is the place to be.
b_o

Re: Warcraftish Graphics

Post by b_o »

Thanks for fixing it, I didn't notice those issues. I'm hoping you will make it a new unit in the next WIP, as I'm not yet familiar with what LUA changes need to be made make a new unit. Were you going to put the orc lumbermill in as well, or should I try to format it to fit in the game?

My plans for the paladin and lothar are set back a bit. Their problems seem a bit more complicated than I expected, and it might be easier to just remake them at some point. The gul'dan/warlocks/necrolytes still seems doable and would effectively kill 3 birds with one stone, so I'm considering doing that next. I'm also considering doing the wolfrider with the same process as the spearman. But in using that process I'm thinking that a lot of other war1 stuff can just be preemptively HQX'd and put into wargus 'as is' temporarily, and then those sprite sheets can be improved later.
b_o

Post by b_o »

Andrettin wrote:I am going to include the orc lumbermill, but at the moment Jinn is making graphics for it, to resemble more the style of the WC2 buildings. Here is the WIP:
I like his building texture and grass better, but I kind of prefer logs over planks:
Jinn's mill
Jinn's mill
jinnmill.png (9.51 KiB) Viewed 9465 times
other mill
other mill
bomill.png (7.69 KiB) Viewed 9465 times
Maybe you should ask him to make a new spearman icon.
Kargath

Post by Kargath »

In Rituals of Rebirth Mod there is a WC1 demon icon, a bit less pixelated than in Warcraft 1. Here it is:
Attachments
WC1DEMONICON.jpg
WC1DEMONICON.jpg (1.83 KiB) Viewed 9423 times
Kargath

Post by Kargath »

There is a better WC1 horse icon in elfcraft, it's white, but this is not a problem since it can be recolored easily
Attachments
HorseIcon.jpg
HorseIcon.jpg (1.97 KiB) Viewed 9419 times
Kargath

Post by Kargath »

In dosbox I was trying different pixel shaders and I've found that the one called "supereagle" is the best paired with scaler "2xsai". I've taken screenshots of some icons and they look much less pixelated, they're far from being perfect, but they can be a good start.
Attachments
WC1Horse.png
WC1Horse.png (1.33 KiB) Viewed 9371 times
WC1Horse2.png
WC1Horse2.png (2.76 KiB) Viewed 9371 times
WC1Invisibility.png
WC1Invisibility.png (2.85 KiB) Viewed 9371 times
b_o

Post by b_o »

hmmm.. here's a comparison:
comparison
comparison
hqx2xsai.png (13.05 KiB) Viewed 9366 times
Kargath

Post by Kargath »

I like 2xai more ;)
b_o

Post by b_o »

Kargath wrote:I like 2xai more ;)
I'd like to see what 2xai does with the slime gfx. Where can one download the 2xai thing? If it's unavailable, could you run the slime unit through it?
Kargath

Post by Kargath »

Don't remember exactly, but it's included in latest dosbox version and you have to edit the configuration. To make the matter simplier I can zip my dosbox folder and upload it somewhere if you want.
b_o

Post by b_o »

Kargath wrote:... To make the matter simplier I can ...
Or you could just run the slime graphic through it for me and upload that.