Warcraft II Mod Archive

Got resources you'd like to share? Want to request some help with scripting or graphic creation? Then this is the place to be.
Big Daddy

Re: Warcraft II Mod Archive

Post by Big Daddy »

You sir, are a hero.

I've been scouring the Internet for any vestiges of the War2 modding scene for years.

Anything I've found, mostly tilesets, I've converted to Stratagus' format, with the intent of making a definitive Wargus release eventually.

I've torn through all the backups of GeoCities available, save the Internet Archive torrent, in search of the old TCs, PCs, GFX, and PUDs. While somewhat successful, there were clearly artifacts still lost among the ruins of the old Internet.

I have Weapons of Our Warfare, but I have been searching for Rituals of Rebirth for quite a long time.

Perhaps we should discuss this further. I would like to make the mods and maps that I have available. At present that requires a lot of sifting. But perhaps, in the end, they can all contribute to a WarGus Ultimate Edition of some sort.
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

Big Daddy wrote:You sir, are a hero.

I've been scouring the Internet for any vestiges of the War2 modding scene for years.

Anything I've found, mostly tilesets, I've converted to Stratagus' format, with the intent of making a definitive Wargus release eventually.

I've torn through all the backups of GeoCities available, save the Internet Archive torrent, in search of the old TCs, PCs, GFX, and PUDs. While somewhat successful, there were clearly artifacts still lost among the ruins of the old Internet.

I have Weapons of Our Warfare, but I have been searching for Rituals of Rebirth for quite a long time.

Perhaps we should discuss this further. I would like to make the mods and maps that I have available. At present that requires a lot of sifting. But perhaps, in the end, they can all contribute to a WarGus Ultimate Edition of some sort.
I am glad that the archive I posted is of use. I was overjoyed when Ace Calhoon sent me this archive, and I'm happy to be able to share it with others. I don't think I have Weapons of Our Warfare, it would be nice if you could send it to me or post it here. What other mods did you manage to find?
b_o

Post by b_o »

Wow. A lot of that stuff was lost until now. The kilrogg-deadeye, deathwing, danath, zul-jin and paladin gfx's in there were from the war2 special edition TC which aimed to make the gfx of the hero's and upgraded units distinguished from the regular units. It would be nice to see that TC completed.

Has anyone had success installing WCD's through something like dosbox on a 64 bit system?
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

b_o wrote:Wow. A lot of that stuff was lost until now. The kilrogg-deadeye, deathwing, danath, zul-jin and paladin gfx's in there were from the war2 special edition TC which aimed to make the gfx of the hero's and upgraded units distinguished from the regular units. It would be nice to see that TC completed.

Has anyone had success installing WCD's through something like dosbox on a 64 bit system?
Yes, I managed to do that (with DOSBox); by now I think I have extracted most of the graphics with WarDraft, so if you want anything in particular just ask. The Danath, Kilrogg Deadeye, Zul'jin and Paladin graphics can be accessed through these links:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/173 ... Danath.bmp
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/173 ... eadeye.bmp
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/173 ... %27jin.bmp
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/173 ... aladin.bmp
b_o

Post by b_o »

I was mostly interested in checking out what was in the latest version of elfcraft, I was wondering if the lizard men ever made it in.
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

b_o wrote:I was mostly interested in checking out what was in the latest version of elfcraft, I was wondering if the lizard men ever made it in.
Unfortunately, I didn't see any lizardmen graphics in Elfcraft.
Kargath

Post by Kargath »

I can't believe that after 15 years I've found again all this stuff. I had lost hope. Unfortunately I can't play much of that stuff since I'm not able to install patch 1.33. There was a killer TC with custom campaigns and even a third race, the drows (removed the ships to create it). It had even cavern tileset, custom gfx for heroes and I remember an elven barbarian hero. Don't remember his name :(
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

Kargath wrote:I can't believe that after 15 years I've found again all this stuff. I had lost hope. Unfortunately I can't play much of that stuff since I'm not able to install patch 1.33. There was a killer TC with custom campaigns and even a third race, the drows (removed the ships to create it). It had even cavern tileset, custom gfx for heroes and I remember an elven barbarian hero. Don't remember his name :(
I found no cavern tileset in the archive, at least so far, unfortunately.

Is this the elven barbarian that you mention?

I found two drow units as well in the archive (from RoR, I think), a Drider archer and a Drow scythe-wielding mage. Was that it?
Kargath

Post by Kargath »

Don't remember if the Ror Drider was in that conversion, but i remember a hooded drow riding something similar to a lizard. About the barbarian, was the same sprite but had a sword.
Kargath

Post by Kargath »

Can someone reupload Weapons of our Warfare?