Warcraft II Mod Archive

Got resources you'd like to share? Want to request some help with scripting or graphic creation? Then this is the place to be.
b_o

Re: Warcraft II Mod Archive

Post by b_o »

I found an old backup with some stuff. Here is a GFX of a wolf made by fronzel, and a war1 cleric icon re-sized with smaller pixels.
Attachments
wolf.zip
wolf GFX by fronzel
(16.1 KiB) Downloaded 478 times
CLERIC.png
CLERIC.png (1.54 KiB) Viewed 9780 times
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

Thanks for posting those! I extracted the wolf, and it can be gotten here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/173 ... s/Wolf.bmp
b_o

Post by b_o »

Kargath wrote:Can someone reupload Weapons of our Warfare?
It's attached below, just above the animated squish.

Also found some other stuff but am only putting a couple of things here at the moment.

Does anybody remember what was in "Funcraft III: Deride & Plunder"?
Attachments
WEAPONS.zip
weapons of our warfare War2 mod.
(1.4 MiB) Downloaded 495 times
animated squish
animated squish
squish.gif (17.42 KiB) Viewed 9774 times
TILESETS.ZIP
"Reptiles tileset pack" with volcano, jungle, and desert tilesets with "reptile walls".
(295.79 KiB) Downloaded 470 times
war1pal.zip
warcraft 1 GFX palette for use with WarDraft GFX converter.
(691 Bytes) Downloaded 472 times
paledit.zip
Old camelot systems palette editor. this is not the original distribution, just the files i found on my computer. I'm not sure if there was an installer, but I can't get this to work as I'm missing a MSVBVM50.dll which might have to do with my version of windows. let me know if you get it to work.
(22.12 KiB) Downloaded 451 times
Kargath

Post by Kargath »

Thank you. I would like to try to port it to b.net edition if possible.
Kargath

Post by Kargath »

Another thing went to my mind about the mod I've forgot the name, the one who had caverns and drow race: there were orgrim doomhammer (both unit and icon, the icon was based on grom hellscream, modified) fenriz the hunter (horrible unit! was a troll! yes, a troll, with yellow skin and riding a war1 wolf). Damn, it was awesome, if only I remember the name, maybe someone can have it on an old pc.
desnell88

Post by desnell88 »

Kargath wrote:Another thing went to my mind about the mod I've forgot the name, the one who had caverns and drow race: there were orgrim doomhammer (both unit and icon, the icon was based on grom hellscream, modified) fenriz the hunter (horrible unit! was a troll! yes, a troll, with yellow skin and riding a war1 wolf). Damn, it was awesome, if only I remember the name, maybe someone can have it on an old pc.
I can somehow recall that mod. Though I forgot the name, it was actually two types. One was a Human vs Drow (modified Orcs race) and a Orc vs Skeletons (Modified Humans race). I remember seeing a mounted golden skeleton (a hero) named Gold N' Bones.
francot514

Post by francot514 »

This is an old post but i want to ask you for something about those shared graphics linked here, how can i extract those files and get the correct images colors, becuase using war1gfx.pal it cause that image colors get bad quality and are not usable, any helps, or this has never be solved???
b_o

Post by b_o »

francot514 wrote:This is an old post but i want to ask you for something about those shared graphics linked here, how can i extract those files and get the correct images colors, becuase using war1gfx.pal it cause that image colors get bad quality and are not usable, any helps, or this has never be solved???
Which files are you trying to extract from where? If you are extracting warcraft 1 unit GFX's with warDraft, then you can use that war1 palette in the wardraft gfx converter to convert them to bmp's, but you have to set it to convert from 'alpha symbols' or something like that for WC1 units because WC1 used a different format than WC2. If you are trying to convert WC2 GFX's to BMP, then you would not use the WC1 palette, you would use one of the WC2 palettes..
francot514

Post by francot514 »

Yes im trying to convert some gfx for warcraft 2, like lothar, but there is no warcraft 2 pallete provided in the rar, and where to get it anyway??'
b_o

Post by b_o »

Use WarDraft to extract the palette from Warcraft 2's Maindat.war .. I think entry 2 is the summer unit palette.