Testing War1gus scripts

Wargus is a Warcraft 1 mod that allows you to play Warcraft 1 with the Stratagus engine.
DinkyDyeAussie

Testing War1gus scripts

Post by DinkyDyeAussie »

Testing War1gus today. First step was Intergrating my new interface into the game.
test interface.png
test interface.png (122.46 KiB) Viewed 10436 times
Got a question tho - are we going to stick to Warcraft 1 tradition and only have 4 units selectable? I know that Wargus you can have 18 selected instead of the traditional 9 in Warcraft 2, maybe we could double the amount in War1gus, maybe just make 9 selectable...

I think the game was made to be stratagised with only 4 selectable at a time though, so if more are made available to be selected then it might be too easy to play...hmmm.

Well anyways, something to think about. I'll need to redesign the interface to make it more like the Warcraft 1 interface - with a skinnier column on the left. I'm glad this is moving forward.
jarod42

Re: Testing War1gus scripts

Post by jarod42 »

In a ideal world, I would say an option to have extra from the original.
But I think we can use the simpler for the moment.
I think the limitation of 4 was mostly due to interface/resolution/"PC power" limitation.

From the stratagus point of view, the number is just a parameter.
the only "hard" part is how the gui looks like.

Most important now is to have a fully playable game.
DinkyDyeAussie

Post by DinkyDyeAussie »

Well, I'm keen to help out with scripting and interface graphics, at least that's something I DO understand how to do :lol:

I'll work on the interface and just clone the original one but in High-res, to keep things simple, like you said. Making the game more playable now is merely a case of refering somewhat off the Wargus scripts, since that is fully playable, we just need to work around and clean up the War1gus scripts now.
Kyran

Post by Kyran »

Hey guys, I'd like to end up making AT compatible with both Wargus and War1gus, so please try to avoid conflicts between the two (for example, unit names being the same).
04:27 jim4 why haven't you added wc1 support? this project sucks. i'm only going to use freecraft
05:06 jim4 finished wc1 support yet? i've been waiting for 6 years
05:10 jim4 new things scare me
DinkyDyeAussie

Post by DinkyDyeAussie »

War1gus scripts aren't stable for me. They load everything but when I start playing the first campaign map the game just crashes. Are you having any trouble with the scripts Kyran?
Sumerlove

Post by Sumerlove »

Got the interfaces for the Orc Race done today. All resolutions supported plus I tweaked the ui.lua file to accomodate the resolutions in each race.

So here, add these to the trunk or just download them, test them out, let me know what you think.