Aleona's Tales 2.2.7 R2

Timesless Tales is a standalone expansion for Wyrmsun.
Kyran

Aleona's Tales 2.2.7 R2

Post by Kyran »

Behold Stratagus Land, Aleona's Tales 2.2.7 R2!

Latest trunk has been uploaded to Bazaar, package maintainers work your magic!
04:27 jim4 why haven't you added wc1 support? this project sucks. i'm only going to use freecraft
05:06 jim4 finished wc1 support yet? i've been waiting for 6 years
05:10 jim4 new things scare me
enrohk

Re: Aleona's Tales 2.2.7 R2

Post by enrohk »

Hi !
1st sorry for my english , i'm using translator and spell checker in some parts.
and another Sorry for grave digging , i don't know creating a post for this is necessary or good (but tell me if is good to make one and i do ;)).

I was working on a fun project for playing with my friends and for getting a bit on game development (make the game design doc , prepare assets , etc..) , and why not for share with this community :D
I'm also trying to learn C# (in my spare time) but i find compiling stuff very confused to me (i get used to hit F5 in visual C# atm xD)

I nearly have all the assets ready , but when i try to paste all , all work well until i find some strange crash , when i simply buy a building (foundry , which i use for melee and ranged upgrades) , everytime i click my barracks the game crash without notice.

Can i ask you for a compiled binaries with dev (debug mode is called ?) mode enabled ? i not make changes to source code , is only a mod of graphics , techs and units modifying scripts files.
I feel lost when i start to see all required library's , i try to download them , but what i need to use ? a dll ? how i install this , and i only read "type cmake .. && make")
Also i start to getting depressed because when i encounter a problem like this i need to start from scratch and doing all the work again for see what makes the crash (encounter this problem when u have one faction ready ... is depressing xD) and the most of the times i really don't know what makes the game to crash.

If you can do this for me (and i think gonna be useful for new users trying to mod stratagus and AT) i would be eternally grateful because I'm sad to leave this project in this state for that little problem

Ty for your time .

Regards.
The passion for destruction is also a creative passion.
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

enrohk wrote:Hi !
1st sorry for my english , i'm using translator and spell checker in some parts.
and another Sorry for grave digging , i don't know creating a post for this is necessary or good (but tell me if is good to make one and i do ;)).

I was working on a fun project for playing with my friends and for getting a bit on game development (make the game design doc , prepare assets , etc..) , and why not for share with this community :D
I'm also trying to learn C# (in my spare time) but i find compiling stuff very confused to me (i get used to hit F5 in visual C# atm xD)

I nearly have all the assets ready , but when i try to paste all , all work well until i find some strange crash , when i simply buy a building (foundry , which i use for melee and ranged upgrades) , everytime i click my barracks the game crash without notice.

Can i ask you for a compiled binaries with dev (debug mode is called ?) mode enabled ? i not make changes to source code , is only a mod of graphics , techs and units modifying scripts files.
I feel lost when i start to see all required library's , i try to download them , but what i need to use ? a dll ? how i install this , and i only read "type cmake .. && make")
Also i start to getting depressed because when i encounter a problem like this i need to start from scratch and doing all the work again for see what makes the crash (encounter this problem when u have one faction ready ... is depressing xD) and the most of the times i really don't know what makes the game to crash.

If you can do this for me (and i think gonna be useful for new users trying to mod stratagus and AT) i would be eternally grateful because I'm sad to leave this project in this state for that little problem

Ty for your time .

Regards.
Hey enrohk,

Nice to see your interest in the engine =) There are compiled versions of the engine posted in the forums (not sure if they are debug ones though), I don't recall exactly where though (maybe in the discussion in Wargus subforum). If you could post your game here, though, I could take a look and see why it is crashing.
Kyran

Post by Kyran »

Here is a development build of Aleona's Tales. It'll output errors to a text file.
04:27 jim4 why haven't you added wc1 support? this project sucks. i'm only going to use freecraft
enrohk

Post by enrohk »

Thanks you two for the fast reply :D

Kyran , I also appreciate the gesture ,thanks you , you saved me of get this game abandoned :D
In addition, if you not have any inconvenience, I would like to use this build as a base to build the mod. ATM the mod have the intention to change all files , sounds , music & graphics but if I keep something from AT , i promise to keep all readmes and info about the creators of this content (but as i say , this is improbable because the mod is a Total conversion , but i like to keep things clear :P )

@Andrettin I was interested in this engine like 6 - 8 months , i start doing some research on how to do the content and start the GDD , some diagrams and start preparing the graphics :D
I'm very interested because i was a big fan of the first RTS like Dune , WC1 ,etc.. and see with this engine the opportunity to share something strange and funny xD
The project is a bit "bizarre" and with strange tematic , i don't like to break the fun and surprise.

All I can say is that I think it has a theme that has not been seen yet :lol:

Another thanks for your time and for the answers , really :D

Greetings
The passion for destruction is also a creative passion.
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

Any news on Aleona's Tales development?
Kyran

Post by Kyran »

Aleona's Tales has been merged with Wargus.
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

Kyran wrote:Aleona's Tales has been merged with Wargus.
What? Why? But then it would not be available standalone, which I thought to a large extent was the point of AT, to have a standalone Stratagus game with its own media?
Kyran

Post by Kyran »

If you install Wargus without the Warcraft CD you'll now end up with Aleona's Tales.
toney

Post by toney »

How to choose between Aleona's Tales & WarCraft 2 media within Wargus? Is the only way to rename /usr/share/games/stratagus/wargus ?