Keep up the good work :)

Timesless Tales is a standalone expansion for Wyrmsun.
magic_sam

Keep up the good work :)

Post by magic_sam »

Hi !

I just registered to say thank you for Aleona's Tales :)

I really like this game, it plays like good ol' WarCraft II (one of my first PC games), but 100% open source !

Bye, and thanks again !

Magic Sam
Kyran

Re: Keep up the good work :)

Post by Kyran »

Have you given the latest trunk a try? It contains and interesting mode called For the Motherland.
04:27 jim4 why haven't you added wc1 support? this project sucks. i'm only going to use freecraft
05:06 jim4 finished wc1 support yet? i've been waiting for 6 years
05:10 jim4 new things scare me
Idanwin

Post by Idanwin »

Freecraft was my favourite game for ... well ... a really really really long time, so I'm glad to see its sprites again!

Keep up the good work.
DinkyDyeAussie

Post by DinkyDyeAussie »

Sorry Kyran I've been so busy...I know sounds like I keep banging the same drum, but I really do want to help.

Is it just the intro screen you want changed? Do you want any new in-game interface graphics?

I'm just downloading the latest build now. Will have a play through and see how it goes.
Kyran

Post by Kyran »

I think it's only the menu buttons that need improving.
04:27 jim4 why haven't you added wc1 support? this project sucks. i'm only going to use freecraft
DinkyDyeAussie

Post by DinkyDyeAussie »

Hey Kyran I did some Photoshop work on the in-game menu buttons for the human side.

Here's an early beta shot of the buttons. I'm also thinking of changning the background of the interface in-game and menu backgrounds too. I do need to make a menu button for the orc side that also looks good in the intro menu, but this is early days.

Anyway here you go.
new menu buttons.png
new menu buttons.png (35.46 KiB) Viewed 12271 times
Kyran

Post by Kyran »

Noice. I've been thinking of ideas for the title screen. I'm leaning towards having the buttons represented as signs on an old post.

<-New-Game-200-miles-
-Load-Game-500-miles->
-Quit-12000-miles->

For the time being I'm only planning on having one interface.
DinkyDyeAussie

Post by DinkyDyeAussie »

One interface for both races you mean? If so that will be easy to implant. because doing the different interface for each race is, seriously, quite arduous...But fun, don't get me wrong, I love doing it, but all the cutting and trimming for each individual resolution is a pain. Everything else is a breeze.

* Edit *

Here's a newer version of the in-game menu. I've tried to do a brassy kind of background...Don't know if I got the colours right...I have colour deficiancy (eye problem) which causes confusions with shades of colour. Good thing photoshop has a colour pallette.
new menu buttons.png
new menu buttons.png (106.65 KiB) Viewed 12266 times
Kyran

Post by Kyran »

What ever became of your Wargus GUI? For low resolutions it seems the bottom interface is restrictive, so I'm thinking of using the Wargus one for low resolutions.
DinkyDyeAussie

Post by DinkyDyeAussie »

If you mean the War1gus interfaces I've yet to finish them. I want to retouch the orc war1gus interface as it's too bright. but the War 2 Wargus interfaces are done. I can zip them up for you and send them to you guys if you want???