On-Line Case-Based Plan Adaptation

Stratagus has been used extensively in academia for AI research.
Kyran

On-Line Case-Based Plan Adaptation

Post by Kyran »

A paper by Neha Sugandh, Santiago Ontanon, and Ashwin Ram.
Traditional artificial intelligence techniques do not perform well in applications such as real-time strategy games because of the extensive search spaces which need to be explored. In addition, this exploration must be carried out on-line during performance time; it cannot be precomputed. We have developed on-line case-based planning techniques that are effective in such do-mains. In this paper, we extend our earlier work using ideas from traditional planning to inform the real-time adaptation of plans. In our framework, when a plan is retrieved, a plan dependency graph is inferred to capture the relations between actions in the plan. The plan is then adapted in real-time using its plan dependency graph. This allows the system to create and adapt plans in an efficient and effective manner while performing the task. The approach is evaluated using WARGUS, a well-known real-time strategy game.
Attachments
er-08-04.pdf
(883.07 KiB) Downloaded 533 times
04:27 jim4 why haven't you added wc1 support? this project sucks. i'm only going to use freecraft
05:06 jim4 finished wc1 support yet? i've been waiting for 6 years
05:10 jim4 new things scare me