Cyrillic text corrupt and translation in general

Wargus is a Warcraft 2 mod that allows you to play Warcraft 2 with the Stratagus engine.
xyfmx

Cyrillic text corrupt and translation in general

Post by xyfmx »

1) I've tried to install wargus using russian localization of warcraft 2 (it really has sense due to really genius translation and dub) but it turned out that cyrillic text in briefings, scenario objectives etc is corrupt and unreadable (some letters are missing). How is it possible to fix it?
2) I would be very grateful if someone could explain me what data files, where and how should i edit to translate stratagus into russian ( you can install wargus using russian warcraft 2 but it doesn't make everything be russian - menus, buttons, names of units etc stay english
jarod42

Re: Cyrillic text corrupt and translation in general

Post by jarod42 »

The guy who have worked on it no longer works on stratagus.

1)
Check graphics in data/graphics/ui/fonts to see if all letters are presents.

2)
In stratagus/po/, There are several translation files for "internal" text not taken directly from data. (they may be outdated too :-/ )

Lot of texts in script files don't have the translation mechanism :-/
And texts are in different place in all lua script (unitName are in units.lua, for example).
Note also that some string are use as identifier and should not be translated (they have generally '-' in it).

These are accessible from lua for translation:

Code: Select all

extern const char *Translate(const char *str);
extern void AddTranslation(const char *str1, const char *str2);
extern void LoadPO(const char *file);
extern void SetTranslationsFiles(const char *stratagusfile, const char *gamefile);
extern std::string StratagusTranslation;
extern std::string GameTranslation;
I hope that helps.
(patch welcome)
good luck.