Infopanel.png not displaying correct frames

Wargus is a Warcraft 2 mod that allows you to play Warcraft 2 with the Stratagus engine.
Kyran

Re: Infopanel.png not displaying correct frames

Post by Kyran »

Updated to the binary you sent me. Haven't updated the scripts yet. Mission 4 doesn't seem to crash anymore. Order Mission 1 is more stable (just slow). Mission 3 now crashes on start.
04:27 jim4 why haven't you added wc1 support? this project sucks. i'm only going to use freecraft
05:06 jim4 finished wc1 support yet? i've been waiting for 6 years
05:10 jim4 new things scare me
DinkyDyeAussie

Post by DinkyDyeAussie »

I was thinking hard again last night about this infopanel thing I've been yacking on about for what seems like an eternity...

Why not have the panels loading like an icon? Icons have frames and the lua code is quite simple to do. The only thing is that instead of using the:

Code: Select all

icon.G = CGraphic:New("tilesets/" .. wargus.tileset .. "/icons.png", 46, 38)
that loads the icon file, would I be able to do this?

Code: Select all

icon.G = CGraphic:New("ui/" .. wargus.race .. "/infopanel.png", 176, 176)
Then I just use the same lookup table that is in icons.lua, in a new file dedicated to the infopanel...problem solved!
DinkyDyeAussie

Post by DinkyDyeAussie »

Was tracking through the latest trunk source, and noticed someone has updated the InfoPanel code some more...Still not working though in game. Just wondering if it needs to be modified in lua or is someone going to get in and get it functioning.

Only way I can see it being able to work is adding code from the old 2.1 codebase which actually had it working properly.

Anyone?
Kyran

Post by Kyran »

What do you think of the latest trunk?
04:27 jim4 why haven't you added wc1 support? this project sucks. i'm only going to use freecraft
DinkyDyeAussie

Post by DinkyDyeAussie »

Not sure what you mean? If it is referring to the new menu functionality, then I would have to say that I have been a little confused at to how to access all the skirmish maps for wargus now. None of them appear in the "Standard Game" map selection window...Where are they now? How do I get to them?
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

It would be great to find a solution to this issue :)

In Wyrmsun there are some infopanel graphics which are at present unused because of this.
Kyran

Post by Kyran »

DinkyDyeAussie

Post by DinkyDyeAussie »

Looks good Kyran, but do you have any answers maybe from the other devs on the infopanel thing?

Will be good when it's working. I'm mucking around with code pieces right now as a matter o fact. Trying to figure this out! GRRRR so frustrating when my knowledge of this engine is limited because of lackluster commenting in the code.
DinkyDyeAussie

Post by DinkyDyeAussie »

I got a P.M from cybermind. He mentioned that the new Popup code has been implanted in the engine, but they have yet to intergrate it in the code. Any Indication of when the next version of the engine is coming out? trunk or release...Any news is good.
DinkyDyeAussie

Post by DinkyDyeAussie »

So now it works :) Protest over. I'm happy for now :) Infopanel.png now behaves exactly like it should finally. Thanks Cybermind :)