School Wars

Working on or considering starting a project? Got an idea for one? Post it here.
Kyran

School Wars

Post by Kyran »

Well, I haven't been too active on these forums in a while. Although you may have noticed a few of the patches I've been add into the Stratagus Trunk. What have I been up to? Something very special, and I think you're going to like it.

Let me introduce: School Wars!

School Wars is set at Coorandale High School. A place where house rivalries are taken to a whole new level. The game follows Drago Pain as he and his house get unexpectingly caught up in the middle of a feud between the Green Geckos and the Red Ribbons. Unfortunately Drago's house has grown soft in the recent years. It will be up to Drago and his friends to restore the house to it's former glory.

Cool, a RTS set at a school? That's right, but I'm also introducing Visual Novel elements to progress the story! That's right, I'm making an abomination!

So, how does it work? Do we have students killing each other out on the ovals? Nope, the students will duke it out in the computer room, playing Stratagus games!

Yep, I'm making a game using the Stratagus engine, revolving around people playing games on Stratagus.

Here are a few screenshots from the Visual Novel section that progresses the story between matches.

04:27 jim4 why haven't you added wc1 support? this project sucks. i'm only going to use freecraft
05:06 jim4 finished wc1 support yet? i've been waiting for 6 years
05:10 jim4 new things scare me
b_o

Re: School Wars

Post by b_o »

how does that work? does the RTS gameplay have the same old sprites?

edit: whats weird is that when I log in, it says you posted that message on march 31st, but when I log out it says april 1st.. so is this a fake game?
Kyran

Post by Kyran »

Yep, same old sprites and game play. The idea behind it was to have a single player ladder setup, where you verse custom AI characters across the various Stratagus games. The game itself would act like a launcher for these other Stratagus games.

I did put it together for April 1st, so it's not real at this stage. The idea could work though.
04:27 jim4 why haven't you added wc1 support? this project sucks. i'm only going to use freecraft
Idanwin

Post by Idanwin »

it says you posted that message on march 31st, but when I log out it says april 1st
That's because in your time zone it was still march 31 when he posted it, I think.
Kyran

Post by Kyran »

Here is a little preview of whats coming.
Attachments
SukiPreview.png
SukiPreview.png (23.83 KiB) Viewed 9994 times