Stratagus Build::8130 download

Got resources you'd like to share? Want to request some help with scripting or graphic creation? Then this is the place to be.
DinkyDyeAussie

Stratagus Build::8130 download

Post by DinkyDyeAussie »

First all, allow me to clarify.

This build is not an official release. This build is essentially for testing of the latest bug fixes/enhancements made to the stratagus code, by the stratagus team in order to add stability/more options to the game itself. I am not a coder, I am a tester. I compile this code on my Windows PC using VC++ 2010, so I could see what affect these fixes have had in adding to the stability of the game. Personally, I feel the game is getting alot more stable, but I would like everyones opinion on this.

A few things to note with this binary. When I ran it, the movies did NOT work at any resolution above 640x480. If the game errors out on you with the movies not playing, go into stratagus.lua and find the following lines:

SetTitleScreens(
{Image = "videos/logo.ogv"},
{Image = "videos/gameintro.ogv"},
{Image = "ui/title.png", Music = "music/Orc Briefing.ogg", Timeout = 20}
)

then disable the logo and game intro lines by doing the following

SetTitleScreens(
--{Image = "videos/logo.ogv"},
--{Image = "videos/gameintro.ogv"},
{Image = "ui/title.png", Music = "music/Orc Briefing.ogg", Timeout = 20}
)

adding two minus characters to comment the two lines out. I recommend anyone wanting to edit lua script files to download NotePad++. It is far superior to any other text editing program I've ever used.

Now that THAT issue is delt with, the rest of the game should run as it should. However If you are playing the campaigns, the movies may not work for those either, and you may need to go into the "..\Wargus\scripts\human" or "..\Wargus\scripts\orc" directory, and find the "campaign1.lua" (standard campaign) and "campaign2.lua" (expansion campaign) files, and comment all the ".ogv" lines so those movies dont work.

Also grab the latest wargus scripts from the trunk, by going to the wargus page on launchpad, and finding the "lp:wargus" link. click on that, then scroll down to the bottom until you see the number "1635" or just search for it on that page. Click on 1635, and select "download tarball" which will download that release (1635) as a .tar file. open that up in winRAR/winZIP and extract only the "scripts" folder into your wargus directory - backup your existing scripts folder to be safe though.

After that everything SHOULD work. PLease let me know how you go. I am just one of the enthusiastic mod players and testers here, I would like to contribute something to this mod. Hopefully the next thing we can tackle is getting MSVC to compile the SDL libraries properly so the movies DO work.

In the following archive are two files. Stratagus.exe is the release compile, and Stratagus-dbg.exe is the debug compile. if the release (default running) crashes, you can run the debug version by using the following line in the command prompt:

c:\stratagus\stratagus-dbg -d c:\wargus (of course you may have both wargus and stratagus installed in different folders, so prefix accordingly)

This will run the game in debug mode, and as soon as something bombs out and causes a crash, it will come up with a dialog box, stating the file and line of code where it errored out on. Be sure to let me, and any other developers know what errors pop up.
Attachments
Stratagus_8130.zip
(2.4 MiB) Downloaded 724 times
Kyran

Re: Stratagus Build::8130 download

Post by Kyran »

<3
04:27 jim4 why haven't you added wc1 support? this project sucks. i'm only going to use freecraft
05:06 jim4 finished wc1 support yet? i've been waiting for 6 years
05:10 jim4 new things scare me
DinkyDyeAussie

Post by DinkyDyeAussie »

OMG OMG OMG!!! It works! The movies work!!! I managed to get the newest build 8132, to compile, but I used a newer version of the theora library - libtheora_static v1.2.0 instead of the older - theora_static v1.1.1...

Now the movies look exactly like they should! I haven't test the campaign in-between campaign movies tho, just the two intro movies, but they both work so can assume the other ones will two.

YAAAAAY!!! Now I can use MSVC to compile each release and the friggin thing'll work right!!! LOL. Awesome, now download it!
Attachments
Stratagus.zip
(2.69 MiB) Downloaded 653 times
xpclarck

Post by xpclarck »

backup your existing scripts folder to be safe though.? could you explain?
You can join us for best e-six-sigma.org dumps cnsu.edu oracle training solutions. Our lynn contains all those you want to pass for real