Adaptive AI

Kyran

Adaptive AI

Post by Kyran »

Back when I first joined Stratagus I was working on coming up with a more adaptive AI. You can find last version I uploaded here. I stopped working on it because the game kept crashing. It seems that 2.2.6 isn't very stable either. In fact it's very much unplayable.

Anyway, I created this thread in case anyone has any ideas or advice on I could improve it.

The key idea behind this AI is that it has a list of possible build orders. For example, build order 4 tells the AI to build and attack with knights. It also tells the AI what buildings it needs to build to make these knights and what upgrades it should research to improve these knights.

What I'm planning to do is to write a module in the AI which checks what the enemy is doing and reacts accordingly. So if the player is building air units the AI will swap from building knights to building archers.
04:27 jim4 why haven't you added wc1 support? this project sucks. i'm only going to use freecraft
05:06 jim4 finished wc1 support yet? i've been waiting for 6 years
05:10 jim4 new things scare me
Big Daddy

Re: Adaptive AI

Post by Big Daddy »

I've been thinking a lot on AI the past couple weeks.

I am thinking of an adaptive AI system that's based off of the user's own replays, so to speak - If the program counter reaches this point, and we have these resources, build this and do this task. If the player wins, keep the routine/strategy and carry on, so on so forth

Big Daddy
DinkyDyeAussie

Post by DinkyDyeAussie »

Have you tried testing this AI with the newer builds I have uploaded? The next release shouldn't be too far off, but the latest build (8245) doesn't crash when loading games, all towers work, sight attack with units works, and all goldmine and oil derek animations work too - everything works and haven't had a single crash yet!

Make sure you have the latest wargus scripts too!
Attachments
StratagusBuild8245.zip
(2.44 MiB) Downloaded 612 times
Kyran

Post by Kyran »

Thanks for the updated binary, Dinky.

This AI is on the back burner right now. I haven't even worked on Aleona's Tales in a month. I've been busy with another project.
04:27 jim4 why haven't you added wc1 support? this project sucks. i'm only going to use freecraft
05:06 jim4 finished wc1 support yet? i've been waiting for 6 years
05:10 jim4 new things scare me