- Posts: 499
- Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:19 pm
- Location: Australia
Big Daddy wrote:1) Create game server - The new game server sends a packet to a central Stratagus server.
2) Stratagus main server adds the IP address of the new game server to a simple ServeLists.txt
3) User is looking for a server. He clicks "Refresh List". This sends a request to Stratagus main server to download ServeLists.txt
4) ServeLists.txt is downloaded and interpretted into the client, producing a list of current servers.
It would be cool if we could use someone elses infrastructure. That's why I mentioned DC. Surely there would be a few programs out there we could use (or fork).
An in-game IRC client can be used if pre-game chatting, like Battlenet, is neccessary.. It would connect to the FreeNode Stratagus channel.
04:27 jim4 why haven't you added wc1 support? this project sucks. i'm only going to use freecraft
05:06 jim4 finished wc1 support yet? i've been waiting for 6 years
05:10 jim4 new things scare me
- Posts: 328
- Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:07 pm
doom wars -> doomgus, wyrmsun -> wyrmgus, battle for mandicor -> battle for mandigus, Aleona tales -> Aleonagus