Link

StratagusAI is a version of the Stratagus game engine that has been modified to support AI research.
Kyran

Link

Post by Kyran »

Found a rather interesting project over at the OSU website.
StratagusAI is a version of the Stratagus game engine that has been modified to support AI research. The Stratagus game engine uses data from WarCraft. You will need to have a WarCraft II CD to run the game engine. In the stratagusai project directory the engine/trunk directory has the engine C++ code. There are MS Visual Studio projects for building the engine, or you can use the autogen.sh script to build a Makefile for Linux or OS X. The client directory has an example Java client that can be build using the Maven build tool.
http://beaversource.oregonstate.edu/pro ... tratagusai
04:27 jim4 why haven't you added wc1 support? this project sucks. i'm only going to use freecraft
05:06 jim4 finished wc1 support yet? i've been waiting for 6 years
05:10 jim4 new things scare me
Kyran

Re: Link

Post by Kyran »

Big Daddy wrote:A few of these links include modified WarGus code to include the new TIELT-based intelligence engines. I wonder if we can effectively make use of the code?
That is an interesting idea. Direct TIELT support may encourage further academy use of Stratagus.

I also really like what Lehigh University has done. Stratagus really is a great introduction to AI.

I've been thinking about the thesability of setting up learning.stratagus.com or education.stratagus.com which hosts Stratagus related educational resources. I even joked with the idea of setting up a Moddle site there to host tutorials.

One thing which I think has set Stratagus back somewhat is the lack of a free dataset. I'm currently working to combat that with Aleona's Tales (listed under Stratagus Games), which will be Wargus compatible game consisting of free resources.
04:27 jim4 why haven't you added wc1 support? this project sucks. i'm only going to use freecraft
05:06 jim4 finished wc1 support yet? i've been waiting for 6 years
05:10 jim4 new things scare me
Big Daddy

Re: Link

Post by Big Daddy »

I've been looking into modifying Wartool.C to extract data from the Warcraft 2 Demo.

Why?

Because the demo is free.

Problem solved.

Furthermore, there are modifications to the original Warcraft 2, such as Rituals of Our Rebirth, that use new sprites, and new tilesets, which can be used in place of the proprietary Blizzard graphic sets.

Most of the old Warcraft 2 modification tools were written in the x86 Windows 98 days; and as such I'm hard-pressed to run 'em on x64 Windows 7.
Looking into either VMWare'ing them or just writing new tools.

-Big Daddy