Possible Fork Project

BOS Wars is a RTS game that features a dynamic rate based economy. Energy is produced by power plants and magma gets pumped from hot spots. Units and structures are also built at a continuous rate.
PerseusSpartacus

Possible Fork Project

Post by PerseusSpartacus »

Hey, I had an idea for a fork project potentially using BOS Wars as a starting point for creating a totally different game. I assume no-one would mind, considering that BOS Wars is already an open-source project, and one without much recent development at that, but I wanted to make sure I was in the clear before I even thought about putting anything together. Also, I was just curious if there was any reason I shouldn't use BOS Wars and should instead use another game (e.g. Aleona's Tales or Wyrmsun) as a base.
Actually, after playing a bit of BOS Wars and getting Aleona's Tales and Doom Wars both running, I've realized it's probably better for me to use one of those as a base. So, yeah, this topic was a waste - sorry, my bad. :oops:

Basically, I wanted to do an ancient-themed game focusing on major civilizations of the Eastern Mediterranean, starting with the Greeks, Persians, and Egyptians. Gameplay would be similar between them (like having almost identical buildings), but there would be noticeable differences in terms of unit balance and overall strategy (e.g. Greek units would generally be tougher and more powerful, but also more expensive). I might think about expanding to include more civilizations later on, but these were the starting three I came up with.
Nevermind, I've got a better idea. 8-)

Thanks in advance for any feedback.