Entity Component System

snv

Entity Component System

Post by snv »

Stratagus core engine has somewhat outdated object system. Consider updating it to the ECS
http://bitsquid.blogspot.ru/2014/08/bui ... ystem.html

It shouldn't be that hard and greatly improve flexibility. Especially with LUA-scripting.
cybermind

Re: Entity Component System

Post by cybermind »

In fact, the entire Stratagus engine should be rewritten. Currectly it lacks a base object for derivation, lots of code is duplicated in different parts of the engine, a lot of items is still hard-coded (editor, map flags and much more). But nobody will work on it. I have finished working with this engine in March 2015 (the time I've released Wargus 2.3) and currently I don't have much interest in working with it.
Andrettin

Re: Entity Component System

Post by Andrettin »

cybermind wrote:In fact, the entire Stratagus engine should be rewritten.
Completely rewritting it would throw away a lot of good work for something that could be unstable. I think it is better to iteratively improve it.
Currectly it lacks a base object for derivation, lots of code is duplicated in different parts of the engine, a lot of items is still hard-coded (editor, map flags and much more). But nobody will work on it. I have finished working with this engine in March 2015 (the time I've released Wargus 2.3) and currently I don't have much interest in working with it.
I am working on it (or rather, my fork of it), and make new commits daily. If you are no longer interested in working on Stratagus, then me and Kyran (if he is interested) could continue maintain and continue working on it?