Battle for Mandicor keeps micro-management to a minimum and focuses on the strategy elements. The units rarely have special abilities (which is realistic considering the medieval fantasy setting) but there are lots of upgrades. A successful army requires a good mixture of units. The armies can be huge (up to 500), selection of a huge number of units is possible and you can train up to 15 units at once in any training establishment.
Code: Select all
svn checkout svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/battle4mandicor/code/branches/bfm-0.0/bfm battle4mandicor-code
A wiki for the project exists but is not currently hosted anywhere.
Possible development includes:
* Selecting wounded units with a hotkey
* A better AI:
- Defending and attacking forces would be one and the same, the AI would just use them strategically
- Doing things would depend on resources, not just a static build order
- Reinforcing the attacking units
- Less exploits, for example sending someone as a bait and the AI will just stop at that point
* An advanced damage calculation. For example, damage types could be introduced.
* And there's always room for more and better written lore.
Of course, most of these would require me to become a better programmer.
Also, it's possible I'll port it to the newest version of Stratagus. Even that isn't easy since the game is so old.