Aleona's Tales Briefings

Timesless Tales is a standalone expansion for Wyrmsun.
Kyran

Aleona's Tales Briefings

Post by Kyran »

For the Motherland (Alliance) Tutorial
Grand Master Seth, servant of the Black Fox of Abel,
To Brother Commander of the Blardneg Chapter:

Salutations and goodwill commander. I hope you and your brothers have arrived well in the Blardnegs.

Years ago the Mythics outlawed magic. They feared the peasantry would one day rise up and threatened their position. Now they've taken this policy further and have outlawed possession of gunpowder and other weapons. Clearly the Mythics are becoming increasingly mindful of a revolution.

The council has decided that the time to act is now. The peasantry is more disillusioned than ever, and we must capitalise on the unrest within the Mythic territories to enable our influence to spread. When this letter reaches you, Brother Commander Armon, would have begun his assault on Baron Jadeite's castle.

Your first quest shall be to influence a number of homesteads on the frontier. Their support and coin will be useful in aiding us on our pilgrimage. Be award that an unknown enemy has been harassing these farmsteads, and have caused the Mythic militia their to abandon their posts.

For this task, mages learned in the ways of constructing crystal golems have been dispatched to you. Our brothers may project their minds into these vessels to wage battle against our enemies.

I wish you success, and may you continue to search the path.
For the Motherland (Alliance) Mission 1
Major Ryder, leader of Deadrock,
To the Commander of the Order encampment:

Greetings from the people of Deadrock. Your presence here fills our hearts with hope.

Our Baron has withdrawn all his forces to the defence of Genesis Castle. The Royal Navy has also withdrawn, abandoning us for the safety of the sea. We were left with instructions to block the canal to prevent the enemy from sailing further inland.

Unfortunately, the enemy have returned and have established new encampments on the opposite side of the canal. They are keeping to themselves, however, my rangers inform me that an evil witch, Zoey Ballbuster, has been spotted in their village. She hates our peaceful village, and is no doubt poisoning the mind of their chieftain. We must take action and prepare if Deadrock is to survive. It is only a matter of time before convinces him to turn his attention to us.

May victory come swift to us.
04:27 jim4 why haven't you added wc1 support? this project sucks. i'm only going to use freecraft
05:06 jim4 finished wc1 support yet? i've been waiting for 6 years
05:10 jim4 new things scare me
Andrettin

Re: Aleona's Tales Briefings

Post by Andrettin »

Will standalone versions (that is, non-Wargus) of Aleona's Tales continue to be released?
Kyran

Post by Kyran »

If you don't insert the Warcraft CD when installing Wargus you'll end up with AT.
04:27 jim4 why haven't you added wc1 support? this project sucks. i'm only going to use freecraft
05:06 jim4 finished wc1 support yet? i've been waiting for 6 years
05:10 jim4 new things scare me
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

Kyran wrote:If you don't insert the Warcraft CD when installing Wargus you'll end up with AT.
I know, but that's not quite the same; it means Wargus with AT graphics and campaigns, rather than having four races and a more different set of units as (IIRC) was originally planned. Eh bien, I quite liked the original AT concept :(