How do you make A.I. easier/harder?

DinkyDyeAussie

How do you make A.I. easier/harder?

Post by DinkyDyeAussie »

Just wondering how I could go about making the A.I in wargus a bit easier in the campaign and skirmish modes. It's still a bit fast, BUT I will say that it has improved alot in the missions that Cybermind has been working on the A.I for - like mission 4 of the tides human campaign, in that the transporters actually do their job properly.

So, in an effort to make things easier, would I add more cycles to the wait times? I have no clue about A.I lua programming, but would really like to learn more about it. Please help me to better understand it.

By the way if this is in the wrong forum feel free to move it Kyran or other Admin...
Andrettin

Re: How do you make A.I. easier/harder?

Post by Andrettin »

DinkyDyeAussie wrote:Just wondering how I could go about making the A.I in wargus a bit easier in the campaign and skirmish modes. It's still a bit fast, BUT I will say that it has improved alot in the missions that Cybermind has been working on the A.I for - like mission 4 of the tides human campaign, in that the transporters actually do their job properly.

So, in an effort to make things easier, would I add more cycles to the wait times? I have no clue about A.I lua programming, but would really like to learn more about it. Please help me to better understand it.

By the way if this is in the wrong forum feel free to move it Kyran or other Admin...
Adding some wait time should work to reduce the difficulty, yes.
DinkyDyeAussie

Post by DinkyDyeAussie »

I ended up tweaking the A.I file for mission 5 of the human campaign. I changed the "AiSleep" values in "local_hum_05_funcs".

Instead of:

Code: Select all

function() return AiSleep(6000) end,
I put:

Code: Select all

function() return AiSleep(16000) end,
Basically I added 10000 sleep to each AiSleep function inside of the local_hum_05_funcs, and it made this level in particalar, very playable, but still challenging enough. So that's a win in my books :) Now I just need to play through the rest of the Campaigns that have custom A.I scripts in each level file.
cybermind

Post by cybermind »

No need to do that, you will get Difficulty setting when starting the campaign, which will affect the number of cycles in each AiSleep() call.
DinkyDyeAussie

Post by DinkyDyeAussie »

Is that what is happening with Wargus and Stratagus 2.3?
cybermind

Post by cybermind »

Yes, that will be one of the new features. Haven't you looked at new skirmish setup screen?
DinkyDyeAussie

Post by DinkyDyeAussie »

Yes I have. I also tried setting the skill on that screen, but it crashes on me...