Player Color Issue

Timesless Tales is a standalone expansion for Wyrmsun.
shedeen

Player Color Issue

Post by shedeen »

Hi all, shedeen again.

I'm still familiarizing myself with the resources used with Stratagus and have run into another problem. I'm aware of the special color set used for defining the player colors in each unit and structure, but every time I save a file with a new unit or structure graphic it seems to just use the red used for defining the player color without replacing it. In other words, every player is red because the player colors aren't replacing it. I'm using the exact same RGB values as the files that were included with Aleona's Tales, and I've tried saving them with multiple editors (MS Paint just crashes the game, while Paint.NET works but still has the same color problem); I'm not sure what the problem could be. If the scripts detect the right RGB values for drawing player colors, that should be all I need, right?

This problem is tough to explain, so if you need more information, feel free to just ask.

Regards,

shedeen
Andrettin

Re: Player Color Issue

Post by Andrettin »

Hey shedeen,

The player color isn't really attached to particular RGB values, but to certain palette indexes (in Aleona's Tales I believe those palette indexes are defined to be 208-211). So what you have to do is index your graphics to a palette (GIMP can do that) and make the player colors be colors 208, 209, 210 and 211. Having a non-indexed image tends to crash the game, too.

Keep in mind though that colors 38-47 are used for color cycling, so it would probably be better if you filled those color indexes with a "filler" color, like pure black (000000).
shedeen

Post by shedeen »

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks, Andrettin.
Kyran

Post by Kyran »

Open an existing AT graphic in GIMP. Copy your unit graphic over the top. Save.
04:27 jim4 why haven't you added wc1 support? this project sucks. i'm only going to use freecraft
05:06 jim4 finished wc1 support yet? i've been waiting for 6 years
05:10 jim4 new things scare me