Best game to use for research?

Kyran

Re: Best game to use for research?

Post by Kyran »

Oh noes, I'm running out of internet quota so I can't download it to check. I packaged the archive with 7-Zip 9.20 (Windows 7 x64). I should have just zipped it.
04:27 jim4 why haven't you added wc1 support? this project sucks. i'm only going to use freecraft
05:06 jim4 finished wc1 support yet? i've been waiting for 6 years
05:10 jim4 new things scare me
Eggerslolol

Post by Eggerslolol »

So erm, using the tips above to make the game play an AI vs AI match using the default map... it seems the two AIs build their resources and such but never attack each other. I've had a poke around but I'm still a huge noob at this, hopefully the reason is pretty simple?
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

Eggerslolol wrote:So erm, using the tips above to make the game play an AI vs AI match using the default map... it seems the two AIs build their resources and such but never attack each other. I've had a poke around but I'm still a huge noob at this, hopefully the reason is pretty simple?
Did you make them enemies to each other? By default, the AIs are only enemy to the player. You can either use the Free For All game mode, which makes the AI be hostile to each other too, or you can use Lua commands like these in the map's .sms file to make the AIs hostile to each other:

Code: Select all

SetDiplomacy(0, "enemy", 1)
SetDiplomacy(1, "enemy", 0)
This code makes player 0 hostile to player 1 (line 1), and player 1 hostile to player 0 (line 2).
Eggerslolol

Post by Eggerslolol »

Andrettin wrote:

Code: Select all

SetDiplomacy(0, "enemy", 1)
SetDiplomacy(1, "enemy", 0)
This code makes player 0 hostile to player 1 (line 1), and player 1 hostile to player 0 (line 2).
That's it, I'd hoped it'd be something simple, thanks.
Enker-Zan

Post by Enker-Zan »

I tried all types of extracting software, all of which come up with errors on every single file on the package. :-(
Kyran

Post by Kyran »

Enker-Zan wrote:I tried all types of extracting software, all of which come up with errors on every single file on the package. :-(
Your download was probably corrupted. I downloaded it, extracted it, and repackaged it. You can download it here.
04:27 jim4 why haven't you added wc1 support? this project sucks. i'm only going to use freecraft
05:06 jim4 finished wc1 support yet? i've been waiting for 6 years
05:10 jim4 new things scare me
Enker-Zan

Post by Enker-Zan »

Your new upload worked and so is the game, thanks for doing that! :-)