Support for changing command functionality?

Mikko Merikivi

Support for changing command functionality?

Post by Mikko Merikivi »

So I've been thinking about implementing formations for Battle for Mandicor (even before I've got everything ported to the newest Stratagus). I can imagine they would be possible to implement by modifying the functionality of the move, attack and perhaps even the patrol commands. Right now when I click a position on the map my units gather around that point. In my system they would instead each get a separate destination or waypoint. The facing of the formation would be determined by the direction from which the units started moving or later there could be a separate command for that. The functionalities of the commands (move, attack, etc.) would preferably be changeable from the LUA scripts but that might be over my abilities to implement.

I'd like to just ask to make sure that there is no such functionality already and if that's something that could be added to the Stratagus core if I or someone else decides to make it.
b_o

Re: Support for changing command functionality?

Post by b_o »

I can't answer your questions, but I like the idea. Something like that would be useful for war1gus as well as wc1 in wargus.
Mikko Merikivi

Post by Mikko Merikivi »

The idea could be refined even further by making it possible to make units go in the front depending on their stats (for example, range for obvious reasons, or health to cycle the units that are doing the fighting).
Mikko Merikivi

Post by Mikko Merikivi »

The patch is finished and can be downloaded in my patch thread:

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3426