Doom Wars: UAC vs. Hell

Doom Wars is a RTS set in Doom universe that pits the Marines of the UAC against the Invaders from Hell.
cybermind

Doom Wars: UAC vs. Hell

Post by cybermind »

Doom Wars: UAC vs. Hell is a RTS based on Stratagus Engine in Doom universe. It's classic RTS, where you must collect resources, build, protect bases and attack enemy. There's two factions: UAC (humans) and Hell (demons). On current moment game has only skirmish mode, but in future also planned campaigns.

Some features that are present in current version of game (1.2):
-2 playable races (UAC and Hell)
-Almost all units from original Doom, also added some new monsters.
-Fully configurable skirmish screen.
-Armor system (like in Red Alert 2, there are armor types, e.g. buildings take less damage from gunshots, but more from explosions)
-Superweapons (like in C&C games)

The current version of game (1.2) based on Stratagus Engine v.2.2.4, so you can't run it with new versions of Stratagus, also it works only on Windows. But there are a beta version, which works on new Stratagus 2.2.6 (although you should remove MaxMana parameter from units), but it's unplayable.
The network don't work on v1.2, but it works on version 1.1 (available on game's website)

Screenshoots:
http://postimage.org/image/16vwrj1hg/
http://postimage.org/image/16w02lqh0/
http://postimage.org/image/16w1q52ys/

Web site (russian): http://doomwars.ucoz.ru/

Download links (v1.2):
http://www.mediafire.com/?vkv3ox61asnrdv5

WARNING:
1. In Windows Vista/7 you should use Windows 98 compatibility mode.
2. Don't change resolution (max. 800x600).
Last edited by cybermind on Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
b_o

Re: Doom Wars: UAC vs. Hell

Post by b_o »

It works pretty well. nice job. Are there plans to be able to build exploding barrels? Also, is it possible to change the offset of the demon attack so that the feet stay still, so the face will move forward to bite? Currently, the feet slide backwards while the head doesn't move forward much.
cybermind

Post by cybermind »

Build exploding barrels? Amazing idea :) but I think it will be better, if we will use them as a bonus to complete the level (like in Red Alert). The demon's offset is not a big problem, there are a lot of such graphical error in this game.
Big Daddy

Post by Big Daddy »

Exploding barrels could essentially be stationary, re-skinned goblin sappers
cybermind

Post by cybermind »

Big Daddy wrote:Exploding barrels could essentially be stationary, re-skinned goblin sappers
It's too ugly :) as I know, goblin sappers didn't explode, if they were destroyed by another units. So I plan to add some new actions into the animation code, like "radius damage", and then use it in the barrel's Death animation code.
jarod42

Post by jarod42 »

There is already a "spawn-missile" in animation.

The missing thing is that the missile is not linked to unit (so no damage).
I will fix it tomorrow in stratagus trunk.
cybermind

Post by cybermind »

jarod42 wrote:There is already a "spawn-missile" in animation.
It's my addition in revision 7960, though I suggested to use it only to show some types of particles from unit(like clouds of smoke from damaged vehicles). I'll modify the animation, so it will support destination and some other parameters.
jarod42

Post by jarod42 »

I saw later that the modification was for Doom wars.
So, I let you change the code since you are the main user for this.

By setting the SourceUnit of the missile, damage can be generated.
DinkyDyeAussie

Post by DinkyDyeAussie »

Hey Jarod. I noticed when I selected network game, you've implanted the type of player/side menus I want to see in Wargus.

Does the code for these menus work? I tried setting all the menus besides the first one to "Computer" and nothing happpened, no "Start Game" or "Ready" check box showed up. not even in SinglePlayer Menu, but you did say the code only runs on stratagus 2.2.4, so I'd like to ask when would you be releasing a 2.2.6 version?
cybermind

Post by cybermind »

The new version of game is currently in progress and I'm going to fix all bugs and glitches from previous version. The network selection has already implemented. Possibly i'll show to you some screenshots from new version soon.