Wargus: How to play online

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.
Gerswin

Re: Wargus: How to play online

Post by Gerswin »

I just tried "wargus.exe -p 4242 > stderr.txt" but the stderr.txt remains blank after the game closes itself. Is there a way to have it log everything it does so I can see what the crash is? Sorry, I have a bit of programming knowledge but not much.
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

Gerswin wrote:I just tried "wargus.exe -p 4242 > stderr.txt" but the stderr.txt remains blank after the game closes itself. Is there a way to have it log everything it does so I can see what the crash is? Sorry, I have a bit of programming knowledge but not much.
Hmm:( Did you try using the "-P port" command line I mentioned? I meant writing literally "port", and not a port number.
Gerswin

Post by Gerswin »

Oh, I see. I just tried that but it still closes itself after about 1sec. It seems like adding "-p " + anything causes it to close almost immediately after opening.

I uninstalled and re-installed but still no luck.

I tried "-e" which opens it to the editor submenu. That worked.

Any other ideas?
Gerswin

Post by Gerswin »

I was very much hoping to play this game with family over Christmas break. Does any one know how to get multiplayer running? I can see that a lot of time went into making this game, it would be a shame if it is dead at this point.