Warcraft 2 original music to Wargus

Wargus is a Warcraft 2 mod that allows you to play Warcraft 2 with the Stratagus engine.
xyfmx

Warcraft 2 original music to Wargus

Postby xyfmx » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:28 am

The default music themes in Wargus are awful, how do i replace them with original ones? I have all the original soundtrack in .wav files. I've seen in game files that wargus uses all the tracks via single file .mod, but i dunno how to deal with it. Please, if you can help me, give me some instructions.
Thanks!
P.S. yep, i'm a bit newbie(
Big Daddy

Re: Warcraft 2 original music to Wargus

Postby Big Daddy » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:22 pm

A single *.mod file would mean that all tracks are slapped into one big file, with indexed pointers (start & end times) referred to later by the game code.

This was used as a space-saving measure in The Old Days but can be re-written to work with modern file systems, and MP3 et OGG

Music code is not contained within sound.lua as far as I can see. Wait.

Oh. Sigh.

The music is already in Ogg format in 2.2.6.

Go here:
\Wargus\music

Reencode your waves into oggs and zip em up into the ogg.gz archives.

Chk CHK BOOM

Big Daddy
Kuchhogya

Postby Kuchhogya » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:24 pm

I've seen in game files that wargus uses all the tracks via single file .mod, but i dunno how to deal with it.????
ArthurCarroll

Postby ArthurCarroll » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:26 pm

I am commenting to let you be aware of of the perfect discovery my cousin's daughter developed viewing your blog. She even learned many pieces, including how it is like to possess a wonderful helping nature to let many people very easily know specific impossible subject areas. You really exceeded our own expected results. Thank you for displaying such insightful, dependable, informative not to mention cool guidance on this topic to Tanya.

Famed neurosurgeon Dr. Gordon Tang is affiliated to Alta Bates Summit Medical Center. He is known for his expertise on treating back and spine problems often without invasive surgeries. He also specializes in endoscopic neurosurgery, intracranial neoplasms, and cervical spine disorders.