Idiots guide to installation

Wargus is a Warcraft 2 mod that allows you to play Warcraft 2 with the Stratagus engine.
skinhound

Idiots guide to installation

Post by skinhound »

I need W2 on my galaxy S4. Ive followed every direction on every site as best I can. Unfortunately most sites lose clarity in direction after the downloading of the wargus ap itself. Most if these sites seem to be in Russian for some reason.

Can someone walk me through this. It seems the most hazy part is what to with the original W2 files for the wargus ap to use. With the proper, files how can I make this work?
Last edited by skinhound on Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrettin

Re: Idiots guide to installation

Post by Andrettin »

skinhound wrote:I need W2 on my galaxy S4. Ive followed every direction on every site as best I can. Unfortunately most sites lose clarity in direction after the downloading of the wargus ap itself. Most if these sites seem to be in Russian for some reason.

Can someone walk me through this. It seems the most hazy part is the aquiring the original W2 files for the wargus ap to use.This shouldn't be hard to obtain from a torrent site, but none seem to work.guidance?
I'm sorry, but it would be illegal for us to give you the original W2 files or instruct you how to get them illegally.

Blizzard is selling legal copies of it on Amazon here:
http://www.amazon.com/Warcraft-II-Tides ... warcraft+2
skinhound

Post by skinhound »

I edited my post for clarification. I have the files legally, what do I do with them.
b_o

Post by b_o »

Which version do you have? I thought wargus only worked with the DOS version of WC2.
skinhound

Post by skinhound »

Yeah W2 dos is what I have.
b_o

Post by b_o »

I'm not familiar with your device, and it's been a while since I installed wargus, but I think you are supposed to use some sort of extraction tool, maybe "wartool" to extract the data from your war 2 files and to convert it for use with wargus. I thought there was a step by step guide to doing that. Maybe you should try installing one of the other stratagus games first to see if that works since there would be fewer steps. If your device has a weird resolution you might need to edit the preferences.lua to match your resolution.
b_o

Post by b_o »

Andrettin wrote: Blizzard is selling legal copies of it on Amazon here:
$130! wow.
skinhound

Post by skinhound »

I'll give that extraction a try. Thanks.

That amazon price is ridiculous I know. I think I paid like $30 bucks for tides in 96 or 97.
b_o

Post by b_o »

At least they have the used ones for $10. $130 is for a new one, I guess a collector might be interested in that despite the price.
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

b_o wrote:
Andrettin wrote: Blizzard is selling legal copies of it on Amazon here:
$130! wow.
Mon dieu! I hadn't noticed that.